Where should I study abroad in England?

I plan to study abroad once I get to college and I really want to go to a few different countries but England is my number one desire at the moment. I love learning and I love culturally diverse areas because I live in one now. I am a calm and laidback person who wants a new experience. I also want to see the historical parts of England. Can you help me?  Thanks (:

Welcome to the Forum :)

It really does depend on what you wish to study. I suggest you have a look at the UCAS website https://www.ucas.com then come back to us with any further questions you may have.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Hi :) great choice, England is beautiful! Have you checked, if your college has any partner universities in England? Then the whole application process will be much easier.
I think, regarding the location, there are a few things that you should think about:
- which universities would be an option for you? (which subjects do they teach, that would be interesting for you?)
- would you rather live in a bigger or smaller town?

I think no matter where you will go, you will travel a lot within England and the UK during your semester abroad, so you will see a lot :)

Enjoy your semester abroad, hopefully in England :)

It is very expensive to study in Britain, far more so than in most other countries in Europe. Tuition fees are very high, while rent and other living costs are also more than in other countries. So I suggest you get some ideas about what your study would cost (the British Council website should help) and then ask your parents whether they can meet these costs.

You might consider the German capital, Berlin, which is also very culturally diverse, and where universities do not charge any tuition fees. Of course, if you were to study in Germany you would need to speak the language fluently, so now would be a good time to start to learn it.

Hello!
If you want to study in UK, there's [link moderated] where my friend had studied there through online courses so she can work during the day. She went for Business Law there but there are other courses too like Project Management and Entrepreneurship. In her case, it was convenient to work while studying since she was living there with me all on her own from India. I hope it helps!