Moving to Kenya just before the crisis

Hi everybody,

Taking the plunge and daring to move abroad is a real challenge, but when your move to Kenya is marked by an unprecedented health, social and economic crisis, as we have been experiencing for just over a year, this change can be much more significant and demanding. If you moved to Kenya shortly before or during the pandemic, we would like to know more about your experience.

When and under what circumstances did you move to Kenya?

What impact did the restrictions have on your integration into the country?

Were you able to make new friends in your host country and get used to the new culture and environment?

Have you had the opportunity to discover the country or the region where you are staying despite that?

Do you feel "at home" in this new place?

Thanks for your contribution!

Diksha,
Expat.com team

Hi Diksha

Thanks for the good question, actually since Jan 2020, i was expecting to move because of my job criteria, travelling is 60% of my job profile in East and Central Africa. As we all are affected due to the pandemic from more than a year, I was unable to move, when there was improvement of covid situation started from Oct-Nov 2020 onwards ,by considering the improvement situation of pandemic, decided to come out for bread and butter , which is needed. But now i can see the pandemic is coming back again, although i am not in my home country.

I was in Kenya for couple of year in 2016 and i have some friends but still looking for more network, i can say country is my 2nd home. I am comfortable here, no issue at all....Thanks god.

Hope i have answered your all questions...

Best Regards
KK