Question about rules on the site

I am new to the site . Im an American expat residing currently in Egypt for now

What I want to know is this a site for expats coming to Egypt to meet  and befriend  or for Egyptians  locals to join and hit on foreigners  and for dating  . I really  get sick and tired of creepy Egyptian men  messaging me and asking for my phone number  whats app and some time asking for sexual favors . Trying to ask me my whole life story in one message .  If you tell these men you are not interested in them politely . They will  start to curse you  and  spew  vulgar language at you  . They are taking the  post you make and using it as a reason to inbox you and majority of the time  They have no idea of what  they are even talking about. Its just to get in your inbox  to chat and ask you out   I  mean does the owner of this page or what ever do you not screen  who you allow to join. I have reported a few of them but i have not  gotten a response or reply .  Now i just block them . I even had one to ask me to help him to obtain a visa green card to the usa. Its just ridiculous  Personally i know how egyptian men are as I have lived in egypt for a long time. I have no desire to marry nor am I interested in them . The females can be something else too but the men are just worse .They do not  have good manners when it comes  to women  They  talk down and speak badly to them. Even if i was interested in one which im not  I would never date or be in a relationship with any man from inside Egypt because 9 times out of ten they are contacting you and trying to hang on to you because you are a foreigner and they see you as a meal ticket out of egypt  Im just saying now that I am not interested so if you are an egyptian guy looking  for a date or what ever do not contact me. I am only looking  to make friends with expats such as myself    Thats it

Ok I am an Egyptian and I totally understand your feelings towards this actions from random ppl on the internet in general but I want you to be sure that not all men in Egypt are the same and I am sorry for your bad experience and I hope you accept my apologies.
And I feel that when I start talk to anyone to make new friends the 1st thing  they always say is if you are looking for wife don't waste your time here that's disappointed for me coz that mean big bunch off ppl had the same bad experience and make it difficult for anyone trying to make new friends so I am sorry again

I was hoping to get a response of an Admin or who ever owns and runs this group not another random person . no later than I posted this another creepy dude messaged my inbox. I thought this was a group for Expats coming to Egypt or already here to make friends and connect with other Expats    not for local Egyptians to  ,scam or try to date or harass.Makes me want to leave since that seems to be all that is inboxing me . They are expats . They are Egyptian local men looking for dates and green cards . Which if they  inbox me they wont get either  So they are wasting their time  If the rules say no dating then they should be enforced . Its just really annoying and tiring Oh and please dont try to give me the  they are all not the same speech Im not easily fooled. Ive live in Egypt long enough that I know how they are they  most def they are all  the same . I was clearly asking about what the rules and conduct of group is.

Oh ok sorry for my reply then and hope that any one of the admins look to your case and take good action to stop this kinds of ppl sorry for bothering you with my last reply good luck

USA.In.Egypt wrote:

I was hoping to get a response of an Admin or who ever owns and runs this group not another random person . no later than I posted this another creepy dude messaged my inbox. I thought this was a group for Expats coming to Egypt or already here to make friends and connect with other Expats    not for local Egyptians to  ,scam or try to date or harass.Makes me want to leave since that seems to be all that is inboxing me . They are expats . They are Egyptian local men looking for dates and green cards . Which if they  inbox me they wont get either  So they are wasting their time  If the rules say no dating then they should be enforced . Its just really annoying and tiring Oh and please dont try to give me the  they are all not the same speech Im not easily fooled. Ive live in Egypt long enough that I know how they are they  most def they are all  the same . I was clearly asking about what the rules and conduct of group is.

I have contacted admin about this.

Hi USA.In.Egypt,

Kindly note that Expat.com is dedicated to all expatriates or to be expats around the world and not only for expats moving to Egypt.

I  am sorry to read that you have had a few sad experiences here.

One way to get rid of these people contacting you randomly is to report them and we automatically ban and delete them.

Well, another effective solution that I can suggest would be to disactivate your private message and to let only the members from your contact list to send you messages.

As this thread is not really appropriate for the Egypt forum, I am getting in touch with you in private. We can therefore discuss more fully on the best possible solutions.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

(Topic closed)

Closed