Sending a debit card from uk to a relative in HCMC

My daughter lives and works in HCMH and her visa debit card has expired and a new card has been sent to my address (mother) in England which she would have picked up as she normally comes to uk once a year but due to Covid has been unable to do so. DHL does not accept debit/credit cards. What to do?

Hi. I just tried to send an active ATM card to another country. But most logistics companies will not send it as it is too risky.
If the ATM is not active yet, then they send it.
Hope it helps.
Regards

theageach wrote:

My daughter lives and works in HCMH and her visa debit card has expired and a new card has been sent to my address (mother) in England which she would have picked up as she normally comes to uk once a year but due to Covid has been unable to do so. DHL does not accept debit/credit cards. What to do?

They will accept the card directly from the issuing company if it has not been activated.

Also, if you leave a debit card or credit card in the original mailing envelope from the issuing company, without opening it, then DHL will forward the sealed envelope.

So the best thing to do is to call the number on the back of the card, have them deactivate that card and then mail a new one directly to your daughter (though she will probably have to make that call herself).

Or one of the you can get the company to just resend to you after deactivating the current card.

Don't even open the envelope when you receive it.

Then DHL will forward it.

We've had 7 cards sending to us directly from US banks/credit companies in the last 3.5 years.  The most recent one was sent last month via EMS which unfortunately never arrived.  The bank sent out a new card by UPS on Thurs Feb 24, arrived in Saigon on Sat 26, and to us (95km from Saigon) on Monday 28.

As your daughter's card was usually sent to your address, all she has to do is telling the bank that she's stuck in Vietnam due to Covid thus needs to have the card sent to her here instead of the UK.

before covid i used to shuttle back and forth every 6 weeks Uk to VN, I brought many cards and driving licences back to HCM for expats. in HCM now and back to Uk in early April, will probably be back in HCM again mid june. a long way off i know but if you still have no luck i can carry it

I received 3  updated cards from my sister in the US via FedEx last month.  She opened the envelopes, but sent the opened envelopes with the cards inside.  I've done this about four times, and will do it again soon, because everyone seems to want to update my CCs to touch-to-pay.

In all my years here and many cards, the only way to get it is via a parcel company e.g. FedEx DHL. Forget EMS they disappear. Both my banks wave the fees, fortunately.

Does she have someone she trusts implicitly,if so money can be transferred to the friends account then given to her

Thanks for your reply. I will ask her