Expat - Updates

Are there any plans to update the site? Every other day a random post ftom a few years sgo pops-up for no reason...

Added functionality like adding photos and media directly woild be handh also

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Are there any plans to update the site? Every other day a random post ftom a few years sgo pops-up for no reason...

Added functionality like adding photos and media directly woild be handh also

Since I've been using the site they've surveyed us at least twice about our thoughts, but none of them are ever implemented.

The website is locked into the original format or shell, and they would basically need to totally build a brand new website, since this was built upon a Blog.

They aren't even able to add different cities to the ones available for sub forums. So when people start talking about Quy Nhơn a lot, they are unable to create a forum for that conversation.

As for those notifications for really old threads, where there is nothing new when you follow the notification, there have been a lot of random trolls posting to old threads, and then admin removes those posts, but the notification is still there.

If you reply to a topic you are subscribed to it, unless you uncheck the box in the bottom left.  I recalled that you could go in through your profile page and unsubscribe from those old threads if you so chose.  However, I can no longer find that function.   :/

Also several  regulars seem to have lost their avatar photos.  What's up with that?

THIGV wrote:

Also several  regulars seem to have lost their avatar photos.  What's up with that?

I noticed that happened to me 2 days ago. So I re-uploaded my Avatar photo and now it works

THIGV wrote:

If you reply to a topic you are subscribed to it, unless you uncheck the box in the bottom left.  I recalled that you could go in through your profile page and unsubscribe from those old threads if you so chose.  However, I can no longer find that function.   :/

I'm viewing the site using the Chrome browser app on an android phone.

When I tap on my avatar, I get this dropdown menu which includes the "subscriptions" link.

Not sure how you do it on a computer.

https://gordythomas.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/screenshot_20210214-124430_chrome.jpg

Yes and if you tap on "subscriptions", it should show you a short list of threads with "unsubscribe" after each one.  What seem different today is that yesterday, the "view more" at the bottom was missing.  It is there now!

We also tried to explain to them that 2 forums, one for Saigon and one Ho Chi Minh City, is not a good idea because they are the same city... without any success. Maybe they don't believe us.

Erikji wrote:

We also tried to explain to them that 2 forums, one for Saigon and one Ho Chi Minh City, is not a good idea because they are the same city... without any success. Maybe they don't believe us.

Yes I had also made that comment to them and they replied that it's impossible to change that.

As I noted in my previous comment they can't change the listing of cities either adding or deleting