Retirement in Boquete or ???

Flying in to Panama on March 2,2021 Would like to visit a few coastal towns along the way to Boquete. Any suggestions on a nice coastal town between Panama City and Boquete. Preferably would like to find some expats as we are doing our research for the move to Panama. Sounds like Boquete would be our choice, but we must visit a few different towns before we make our decision. Would like a safe community with easy going folks like ourselves.
Thanks for any suggestions, looking forward to getting down there soon, Keith

Coronado/Gorgona area is popular with expats, and Pedasi is also.

Hi Keith,

I too just arrived from the US on 2/7/2021
I have only been here for a week but I have learned a LOT in that short time!

First, I encourage you to make a checklist of amenities you are or are not comfortable with long term.  Many rentals do not include hot water or furniture.

Also, I have learned that safe areas are not as widespread as the internet and those selling tourism make it seem. Nor is it as cheap!!!

If you have whatsapp or fb messenger I am happy to discuss more :)

PS I would not recommend Boquette for retirement based on my local hosts and neighbors feedback. Pedasi would be better if it fits your environmental criteria.

Check out Pedasi: www .ourthirdlifepedasi. com - Take out the spaces. My wife started this blog before we moved to Panama in August 2013.