Sabah Al - Salem, Bneid Al Gar, or Salmiya?

Hello,
I just got here, and I am in the process of looking at apartments. I am in quarantine, so I am unable to get out and explore the areas.  I found two apartments that I like in Sabah and Bneid, but I am told Salmiya has more things to do. I know Marina Mall is there.

They all are a similar distance to my job, so I am not worried about that. Can you please tell me how it is to live in these areas? What are the things to see and do? Do they have good restaurants or grocery stores in them?

Also, I am looking for people to talk to and hangout with after covid. I would like to get a group to play basketball, American football, football/soccer, and sports in general. I am not that active, but I do want to get involved with as many things as possible.  If you are into comedy shows, concerts, theater, BBQ's, or anything that involves getting out, please message me or leave a comment.  I would like to develop a social group while I am here.

What is the job you are doing out there?

I work for a university.

If you won't be driving then Salmiya is your best bet as there are many things within walking distance. All the best and welcome.

Thank you! I am going to get a car. I do like to walk around during the evening and at night.

Both are good locations and very close to each other. However I like subah alsalem because it's less crowded than Salmiya.

traffic will be hellacious regardless; best bet is to be somewhere close to Vitamin Sea, from my estimate, salmiya serves taht purpose best. I know quite a lot of people in Bnied al Gar, its mostly hotels, smallish, but also close to sea and more importantly, it is 5KM away from the City, by way of the Gulf Road. Salmiya would be about... 10KM away.