Buying A New Motorbike As An Expat

Hi there,

What documents are required to purchase a motorbike (from a showroom) in Mauritius as an expat? Will my passport and visa do?

Also does anyone have any idea on how much time will it take to get the motorbike, I read somewhere that it can take up to 1 week after purchase to get the motorbike delivery with all papers, etc.

Will I need to go somewhere after purchasing the vehicle to do some paperwork or will the showroom handle it for me?

Thanks,
S

Hello,
Yes note that your passport & visa shall do the paper work and do bring your driving license as well just in case they asked you right.

Also note that it can take up from 4 days to 1 week to get the motobike and if you are buying directly from a showroom they shall do all the paper work. You just need to go and fetch the motobike when its ready.

Usually why it takes up to 1 week to get the bike because they need to adjust things, maintenance work and also it will depends on the paper works that why it takes up to 1 week. And please make sure when you go to fetch the motobike, make SURE you check everything, you do a test drive and if all ok, you can take the motobike and go home...

Hope the explanation is enough clear for you Sir yet if you have any queries let me know will try to help you if i can.

Thanks,
Tanz Noor