Job market for non-Turkish speaker

Hi,
I am a Pakistani professional living and working in Saudi Arabia currently. I am well qualified and have good experience working in multi national firms.
I am planning to move permanently to Istanbul, so I would like to know the opinion of you guys about the pros and cons of Istanbul and most importantly, how is the job market for non-Turkish speaker?

Appreciate all the help

Forget it. Even in Istanbul you have almost zero chances to get a job as foreigner. Turkish people hire turkish people only. Your best chance in Turkey: English teacher!

Dear Respected Sir,

My name is Muhammad Naveed Ali from Pakistan an expert Operations, Official Work and Sales & Marketing Professional. I have over 04 years' experience within the Hotel industry as Assistant Operation Manager and almost 12 years' experience in different pharmaceutical companies. And now i am doing job as Marketing Manager in Distribution.

I want to join a dynamic and progressive organization offering ample opportunities for diversified experience and seeking a position, which will allow for continued professional growth offering an environment in which advancement is based on my theoretical and practical knowledge and to learn and seek a prospective career in a prestigious organization having a conductive working environment.

I am a sales-oriented professional with expertise in client relationship management, customer satisfaction and retention, and people management. I possess astute business knowledge, and I have experience contributing to strategic planning while delivering improvements in processes, productivity, and costs. As a Manager Marketing, I currently supervise a sales team of 5 Area Sales Manager, maintain profit objectives, and analyze future trends.

My references will be happy to discuss my positive attitude and strong work ethic. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Naveed Ali.

how can i get job in Turkey

Dear Naveed,

You have a chance in hotel or other places if you know turkish language. These jobs are no management positions. In Turkey you will almost never find foreigners in management positions.

You need connections and luck to find a very good job here.

will you refer me some jobs

Dear Naveed,

This is nothing I can do for you. Please use LinkedIn or Indeed.

thanks

https://ailevecalisma.gov.tr/istatistik … -izinleri/   by clicking this link you can see the official report that shows more than one hundred thousand people got their work visa in 2019. That is correct that saying turkish is a plus but in many positions or in some markets it is not a must. So saying 'zero chance' or 'impossible' or 'they never hire foreigns without turkish knowledge' is not that true:)

You can't because the Turkish law prohibits any company from giving such positions to foreigners. Only Turkish citizens get these jobs. The only market for foreigners are teaching English and only basically for native English speakers from English speaking countries.

As an English speaker, can I get job in the real estate company as a Realtor?

I don't think so since you have to do a course and pass it to get a realtor license in Turkish.

Those statistic were in 2019 if you looked properly! It certainly is not the case since the pandemic struck us all! Turkey has tripled its unemployment numbers and at this moment can not/will not hire foreigners unless they speak Turkish fluently - that's a fact for now!

SBmsl wrote:

https://ailevecalisma.gov.tr/istatistikler/calisma-hayati-istatistikleri/resmi-istatistik-programi/yabancilarin-calisma-izinleri/   by clicking this link you can see the official report that shows more than one hundred thousand people got their work visa in 2019. That is correct that saying turkish is a plus but in many positions or in some markets it is not a must. So saying 'zero chance' or 'impossible' or 'they never hire foreigns without turkish knowledge' is not that true:)

Those statistic were in 2019 if you looked properly! It certainly is not the case since the pandemic struck us all! Turkey has tripled its unemployment numbers and at this moment can not/will not hire foreigners unless they speak Turkish fluently - that's a fact for now!

Hi Folks  & Community ,Finding job very taught here in Turkey e specially Covid 19 destroyed many challenges ,Sorry for negative point of you I am native Turkish and Can speak 4 languages spend couple of years abroad with in Tourism Sector re turn here 2019 After couple of years, Still now no job yet if you lucky find somewhere any job will work for nuts :) Okay life still run need a work waiting life become normal and moving again abroad no way here, Wellcome real world ..

Guys guys how do you manage to live this long with this pessimism. Why dont you send a last message "there is no joob no bread we are all gonna die here" and delete your account otherwise what is the point of you being in an expat platform? To say everyone "do not ever try to come here if you are not tourist or a student"?
Any human being can understand and should accept these extreme situacion we are facing  for 1 year at the beginning unless they are coming from the space. Of course it is so hard to find a job here now even for turkish people but is same in many country more or less, it is not a surprise.
What i am reffering is there is no fact here like 'never hire a foreign' or 'say no to everybody who doesnt speak turkish'. Up to before 1 year or starting from the end of pandemic when the things are going normal those numbers above will be valid and again that much people will find their job. Also even now, if you are so well educated it is never "impossible" it worth looking. Since there are more than 60.000 open job advertisement in kariyer.net there is no reason for you to not to be only one of them.