Do i need intl.driver's license to drive a scooter?

Im currently residing in the Phils.and have secured a remote  working arrangement w/ my company so I can work anywhere. I plan to stay in Bali for 6mos to a year preferably in Ubud Gianyar area. I used to hire a driver/tour guide in our pasr visits in Bali but I would like to be more mobile now that im staying longer and just rent a scooter.
1.do i need an intl.driver's license for this?
2. Totally unrelated to the scooter question but do they still do the kecak dance in Uluwatu at sunset?

Many thanks. x

I understand an international license can be used if it's approved by the police (Check that), or you can get a SIM C (Motorcycle license).

aileenpanes wrote:

Im currently residing in the Phils.and have secured a remote  working arrangement w/ my company so I can work anywhere. I plan to stay in Bali for 6mos to a year preferably in Ubud Gianyar area. I used to hire a driver/tour guide in our pasr visits in Bali but I would like to be more mobile now that im staying longer and just rent a scooter.
1.do i need an intl.driver's license for this?
2. Totally unrelated to the scooter question but do they still do the kecak dance in Uluwatu at sunset?

Many thanks. x

Yes to both Ur questions
Local SIM, driving license, Is only for Kitas/Kitap holders, so u need an International driving license.
Kecac dance in Uluwatu Is acrually suspended due the Covid, but till that It was performed.
Be aware that there Is a black hole around working permit for Digital nomads, the government Is talking to issue a specific visa, but nothing decided yet, so better to work only with non Indonesian customers and get paid on a Bank out of Indonesia, otherwise u could be arrested and deported.

Marcello Manganese wrote:

Local SIM, driving license, Is only for Kitas/Kitap holders

Have they scrapped the old licenses tourists could get?
My first, a very long time ago, was a tourist license valid for a month, then on to ones that lasted until the end of my immigration status.
Also, I believe an international had to be validated by the cops - Is that still the case or have they changed that as well?

Thank you for this information.
My company is US-based, while my clients are from the UK.  im being paid through my Philippune bank. 😜

aileenpanes wrote:

Thank you for this information.
My company is US-based, while my clients are from the UK.  im being paid through my Philippune bank. 😜

Are you doing any actual work in Indonesia, or is it all online?
If the latter, it's unlikely anyone will bother you as long as you're honest with immigration. They aren't stupid so someone earning off the isand, but spending on it, is more than likely to be welcome.

I do online work. Im a writer/content creator for SEO projects. Im directly employed by a US company though our projects are global. I will definitely be spending in rupiah but earning in dollars, will be doing a lot of forex. Now that you're mentioning immigration, i think I will bring my cert.of employment. Many thanks.

Fred wrote:
Marcello Manganese wrote:

Local SIM, driving license, Is only for Kitas/Kitap holders

Have they scrapped the old licenses tourists could get?
My first, a very long time ago, was a tourist license valid for a month, then on to ones that lasted until the end of my immigration status.
Also, I believe an international had to be validated by the cops - Is that still the case or have they changed that as well?

Yep, tourist driving license Is no more issued already from many yeàrs, and International driving license also no need to be validated by the cops.

Yes Marcello is right. Tourist driving licenses have not been around for very many years, and yes you just need an International Driving Permit to drive in Bali. Some tourists don't bother with an IDP when they drive scooters but should you have an accident then the hospital costs can be really high since your insurance company probably wouldn't cover you if you were driving illegally. Same goes for wearing a helmet, there are always people who don't bother and since not everyone drives safely in Bali there are occasionally serious accidents and fatalities.