Restrictions at the moment in England?

Things are pretty tight in England right now. I see that a few are planning to attend New Years Eve parties.
Just what are the restrictions at the moment?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The only reliable source of information is the UK Government website; this link will take you straight there.

Personally - anybody who "attends New Years parties" is taking an enormous risk, not only to their own health and safety, but also that of their friends and families.  My opinion is that it's not a wise thing to do with a national R factor of 1.1 to 1.3 and daily infection rates souring beyond anything previously experienced.  3,260 people have died in the UK from COVID in the past 7 days.  We need to do all we can to prevent our friends and families from catching this infection - New Years parties do not fall into the prevention category.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Quite agree
Seemed strange that things are so tight in UK but people are partying in Portugal

tony127 wrote:

Quite agree
Seemed strange that things are so tight in UK but people are partying in Portugal

I don't think any western government has found a way to prevent people doing stupid things; without doubt, we will wake up on New Years day with stories in the Press of stupid people doing stupid things.  C'est la vie.

They are about to get a lot toucher, 53000+ cases yesterday.

SimCityAT wrote:

They are about to get a lot toucher, 53000+ cases yesterday.

Hancock has said this morning that announcing a new, tougher, Tier 5 is not yet on the agenda, but that some additional places will find themselves in Tier 4.  There should be a further announcement this afternoon after the Brexit vote in the House of Commons.

moodycharles037 wrote:

Why is it weird?  2 different countries with different requirements.

Really,nice