Time to Move on

It has been a pleasure for the last 3 years or so to come here and provide advice about Puerto Rico. However my attention is elsewhere now.
If you feel you need to speak with me, send me a private message, I will continue for a while checking those, but will not be participating in the forum as I had in the past.
Heading to MeWe where I run a similar group there..
Thanks

The ads make it look like a platform for hip kids rather than one for old, fat, and uncool people like me. However, I have no idea really so I downloaded it onto a spare phone so I can take a look.

Thanks so much for all of your time and effort.  You have been a HUGE help to many of us!

Thanks Rey for all the support. Stay safe 😊

Fred wrote:

The ads make it look like a platform for hip kids rather than one for old, fat, and uncool people like me. However, I have no idea really so I downloaded it onto a spare phone so I can take a look.

Speaking about that, hope you passed the word about the FB group.
Speaking of the fat and old, when I started the FB group, most members were in the 50 and up group and we started it with about 40 people that came from this group when Julian game me permission to run it. During the last 3 years the group grew to over 2,000 members and the majority of them are in their 30s and 40s, only about 10% are over 50.

So people are moving to PR at a younger age and either they are wealthy or work from home via the Internet.

Reply by PM

FB group- not searchable like the websites with the forums like this one.
FB- the greatest waste of time.
FB sells your profiles to anyone who is paying for it and spying on your browsing activity.
FB propagates questionable information and drives people down informational rabbit hole because this is how it is structurally designed. It is like a quicksand.

FB is only for subscribers. Who is not on FB, and many are not, can't see information displayed there. So if you are a business, you need to think that you are excluding those people who are unwilling to sell themselves to FB.

I prefer to stay with this source.

singularitynear wrote:

FB group- not searchable like the websites with the forums like this one.
FB- the greatest waste of time.
FB sells your profiles to anyone who is paying for it and spying on your browsing activity.
FB propagates questionable information and drives people down informational rabbit hole because this is how it is structurally designed. It is like a quicksand.

FB is only for subscribers. Who is not on FB, and many are not, can't see information displayed there. So if you are a business, you need to think that you are excluding those people who are unwilling to sell themselves to FB.

I prefer to stay with this source.

That is one of the main reasons why I am closing the Expats in Puerto Rico FB group and taking it to MeWe. The selling of the information, the interference with free speech, always having to be careful that FB does not terminate my account and as such prevent me from running the group. Also the group got way too large, 2,179 members, many became too entitled and not grateful I was providing them information for free, they became demanding. So I am in the process of moving the group with a little over 100 members to MeWe where there will be no interference and no free speech issues.

I am checking here once in a while because I am waiting on an answer to something from Julian but will leave this forum  also in a few days. Since I have to come check on the answer, I may as well answer a few questions posted here.

OK, guys and Gals, I am now concentrating on my MeWe group and will no longer be participating here. Click my profile and leave me a message if you want to chat privately.

Hi.

Came back to Expat and you're gone!  You were a very valuable resource in my home search in P.R.  Now we're ready to close our condo and wonder if you could refer an attorney for our closing, etc.

Hope you see this!

Best regards,

Edi