How do I pay a parking ticket?

Hi all, I moved here in July and my husband managed to get a parking ticket shortly after arriving. I tried to pay it today by going to one of the places listed here: http://www.hacienda.gobierno.pr/sobre-h … ue=SanJuan   

But they looked at me like I am crazy and sent me on my way. I went to the CESCO one in Carolina. My Spanish is still limited which doesn't help.

Is anyone able to tell me how or where I can pay this?

Much appreciated!

I should add, Google searching is mostly unhelpful as the topics that come up mostly involve tourists in rental cars....

I've been told NOT to pay any tickets until it is time to renew the registration or sell the car because sometimes the tickets are never recorded, and sometimes your payment is never recorded. I've gotten 2 parking tickets already.

Maybe you could mail the ticket in and request a signature that it was received. Certified I think. You can wait until you renew your marbeta sticker but I recall that is done in another line so the wait can be very long.

Thanks for the replies! Suzanne, as far as you know there's no sort of late fee involved? And MrKpytn, while we're on the subject. Where exactly do I go to renew my marbeta sticker? The DMV?

I am not sure what the building is called but it must be DMV. Paying tickets, renewing drivers licence and renewing Marbete stickers all take place in the same building. Make sure you get in the correct line. Paying ticket first then Marbetea etc.  This is my experience in Ponce and it must be the same in every city.

any updates on how to pay for ticket online?
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 57#4305502

You need to take the ticket to any town's colecturia.  That is where one pays tickets.

westernprguy wrote:

You need to take the ticket to any town's colecturia.  That is where one pays tickets.

I came back to states on the day I received the ticket..!

I'm not sure that you can pay the ticket in any collecturia.  Since they have cut back on government services some offices have been closed and some have more limited services. I recently had to go to Arecibo to transfer a car title. You need to check with the local office.   :cool: