Upcoming Istanbul Kart restriction

Hi all,

A recent Moovit notification informed me that we will need to link our IstanbulKart with an HES code before January 15 in order to continue using public transport.

The process requires a YKN number (from residency permit), which I don't expect to have before Jan 15.

Is Istanbul Kart the only way to ride ferries, buses, metro? I don't recall ever seeing any cash transactions.

I'm all for the contact tracing effort, but I am hoping there's some way I can still use the transportation system until my residence permit arrives.

Thanks!

dude, i called 153 to check, they say that the e-platform which is used to link YKN with HES will be updated soon which enables to use passsport number instead.

Ah, that would be terrific. Thanks for checking on that! I'll keep an eye out for that change in the site.

Hello,
Thanks for the info! Did they update it, i cannot see the passport option until now :(

Thanks!

I was getting an error about an invalid email address. Then I realized the "mail adresi" field was for email addresses, not physical address (explains why no spaces are allowed).

After the invalid email address error, I got a couple vague "an error occurred" messages. So I tried a different browser (switching from Brave to Firefox) and it worked. The confirmation pop-up only appears for a moment before disappearing, but if you see a green check mark, you should be good to go.

Good luck everyone!

Glad to hear it works! Thanks for all the guidelines, was able to link mine too today! Take care & stay safe everyone :D