Racquetball here in HCMC

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I miss playing racquetball and searched previous messages but it seems nothing here in HCMC? Anyone has info on maybe a court around in city?

If not I am.thinking of maybe building one...
Ambitious project I know.
I have some ideas and a location and availability of land.
Anyone interested in joining and doing this project?

Ed

Search for Squash instead, there's at least one club in Saigon. I don't know what exactly are the differences, but I think Racketball is an American thing, elsewhere it's called Squash.

Kurterino wrote:

Search for Squash instead, there's at least one club in Saigon. I don't know what exactly are the differences, but I think Racketball is an American thing, elsewhere it's called Squash.

The racquet and ball are bigger in racquetball.

colinoscapee wrote:
Kurterino wrote:

The racquet and ball are bigger in racquetball.

And the squash racquet handle is longer as I recall. Or maybe that's an optical illusion, since the racquet head/face is smaller?

Right. Racquetball is faster game with bigger ball... so less running to chase the ball as it will come to you
Squash is the same size court too but the ball is less bouncy and you have to go after the ball to hit it.
Maybe RB is only popular in North America? Not sure but I am surprised that there are 0 courts here in hcmc.

Yes squash racquets are longer and almost like a small face tennis racquet.
The US east coast play paddleball too, another racquet sport but thats outdoor and just one wall ...anyone seem one of those cort anywhere in HCMC?

Asians are more into badminton, so foreign court sports are few and far between.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

And the squash racquet handle is longer as I recall. Or maybe that's an optical illusion, since the racquet head/face is smaller?

Squash rackets originally had a pretty small, round face and a long handle, but the modern ones have much larger faces, and are more shaped like tennis rackets (oval towards the handle)

Kurterino wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Squash rackets originally had a pretty small, round face and a long handle, but the modern ones have much larger faces, and are more shaped like tennis rackets (oval towards the handle)

Ok. My personal observations were mostly in the 1950's at my Dad's athletic club, so I can see how there could have been changes since ancient times... 😉

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Kurterino wrote:

Ok. My personal observations were mostly in the 1950's at my Dad's athletic club, so I can see how there could have been changes since ancient times... 😉

Some trivia: I once read that squash had been invented in an English prison, they wanted to play sports in enclosed spaces, so they thought of a way to play “tennis” in a cell. I wonder if that's true...

I'm an avid racquetball player from USA.  If you build I will come.   Until then I will suffer by playing squash.

rballnut wrote:

I'm an avid racquetball player from USA.  If you build I will come.   Until then I will suffer by playing squash.

Why don't you build and they will come?