Private schools

He there! I am orientating for private schools in Bavaro, Punta Cana. Someone has experience with some schools, or can get me some information about prices for elementary school and how many vacations they have?
Also i am looking for nice house projects and maybe some kind of job guarantee? (for in about 1,5 year) I am an analist at the pathological laboratorium but something else or any ideas would be great. I speak dutch, english, and basic spanish.
Thanks for helping!

Good morning.   I cannot help with schools but others will.

Jobs are hard to find.  Getting a work visa is very challenging.   I need to write a thread about that process.  You are way too early to actually be looking but you are good to start researching now. 

My guess is with your background you will need spanish to work here.

I will work towards getting the work visa thread started to give you more information.

Hi and welcome to the forum.  I live in the Bavaro Punta Cana area.  Private schooling ranges in price depending upon the school.  Expect to pay in the range of $5000USD or more per child.  When you get closer to making a decision to live here I can give you more information based upon your needs, budget and expectations.

Housing is very different in this country.  I would suggest renting for at least 6 months to get a feel of the country and its ways before making any purchase decisions.  Lots of new construction in this area and several finished homes available for purchase.  But it's buyer beware the whole way.

I can help there as well but again, as you get closer...

Cheers

Hi Planner and DominicanadaMike,
Thanks for responding!
I can get a residencia already since i am already 2 years married with a Dominican. We tried to live in holland first but we both don't like it! So that's why we want to go there. I have a pieve of ground in Punta Cana but it is not really liveable there yet. So we think to buy another house or piece of ground first closer to the community, i heard there are a lot of new projects there.
Hoe is working in the touristic area? Around how much does an expat make a month (doesn't care what area)
I know i am really early :)

Awesome to hear.  That makes things so much easier!    I will message you privately about work possibilities.

I am also looking into private schools.  I plan on moving next June to Bavaro area.  I am  TESOL and Spanish teacher in the US. I am also a real estate investor so I think I qualify for residency with the 5 Yr rentista section.  I plan on trying to find a teaching position there.  My masters is in TESOL so I would be adaptable to working at an international school as well. 

I guess this is a couple of things! 

I want to know about the schools there. I am traveling next week for a week to look around and I plan on going back a few times before next June.  I've read about the Bilingual school and the International school of Punta Cana.  I don't see prices.  I've heard around 6k usd.  Is this correct?  Any thoughts on the schools?
Abraham Lincoln private school in La Romana has British curriculum and its graduates easily access American and Canadian universities. One hour from Punta Cana
@Steverino7777

Thank you!  I want to stay in Punta Cana and I think an hour is too far for me but thanks for the quick response!!!☺️☺️
@Browneyegirl

I should add, my son will be in the 5th grade.