Introduction and looking for fellow ex-pats and job opportunities

Greeting group:

I have eight days yet to quarantine before settling in Hanoi. I have always wanted to live abroad, and after detailed research, I decided Vietnam was a most desirable destination. I am interested in meeting fellow ex-pats and job opportunities.

Best,

Barry W. Walker

BWWalker7 wrote:

Greeting group:

I have eight days yet to quarantine before settling in Hanoi. I have always wanted to live abroad, and after detailed research, I decided Vietnam was a most desirable destination. I am interested in meeting fellow ex-pats and job opportunities.

Best,

Barry W. Walker

A number of questions raised based on your post but perhaps the most obvious is, aren't you employed?

Are you saying that you came into the country without guaranteed employment and employer sponsorship?

It would probably be really helpful for you to tell your story because there are a lot of people wondering about this type of situation at this moment

Under what category were you allowed to enter the country, Barry?  As Vietnam has yet to accept US travellers, how did you get a US airline to sell you a ticket to HAN?

From the US Embassy & Consulate in VN, last updated: 11/12/20

"Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No.
As of today, the Vietnamese government continues to suspend entry into Vietnam to all foreigners, including people with a Vietnamese visa exemption certificate.  This policy has very limited exemptions for diplomatic, official duty, and special cases, including experts, business managers, foreign investors, and high-tech workers of businesses involved in important projects as determined by the Government of Vietnam.  Family reunification is not one of the exemptions."