Expatriation to Tanzania: border updates

Hello everyone,

in Tanzania as elsewhere, the current pandemic has changed our way of life but also our mobility, due to the state of borders of nearby countries or countries we wanted to visit.

Today we would like to take stock of the current border situation in Tanzania and collect your testimonies, whether you are already an expat there or still preparing your move.

Is the country currently accessible to newcomers?

Have quarantine measures been put in place? If so, what are they?

What about leaving the territory as an expat resident? Will you be able to easily reach Tanzania if you leave it temporarily?

How does the current borders state impact you, whether you are already an expatriate in Tanzania or are planning to move there soon?

Do you have some visibility about the future of borders in your country of expatriation, in the longer or shorter term?

Thank you in advance for your contribution :)

Cheryl,
Expat.com team

Hello Cheryl,
There are no quaratine measures , you just need a negative Covid results otherwise when you get here they will only check on your temperature and you can enjoy your stay. Warmly welcome

Hell. Do you mean a PCR antibody test? How many hours before entering the country?

Thank you,
Lynn.

72 hours before entering the Country. warmly welcome

Hi, just to confirm, are you saying that if you arrive at the airport without a negative covid test, they'll check your temperature and let you through if you're ok?

Some flights ask for Negative covid test and some don't dependa with the flight your taking example Qatar ask for Negative Covid Test but to be on the safe side i would advice you to have your results with you

Hello
I came to dar es salam for health treatment one month ago.But I want to stay here in dar es salam maybe for studies.I didn't find a college yet.
What are the procedure to get a visa?

My first visa come to the end😥😥😥and i'm afraid to live here illegaly

Go to Kurasini or get an uber and put a location as Tanzania Immigration head office once you get there just ask on the procedure for you to renew your visa.