Help needed - What to expect / what can I ask for ..... my new job.

Hi everybody,

Hope somebody can help me. I have been employed in Indonesia, and I'm going to negotiate my contract conditions in 3 weeks from now.

So I hope you guys can guide me a little bit about what I can ask for in a job like this.

I'll try to describe my jobtitle:

Jobtitle is: Devision/country manager of sales for all Indonesia

It's for a foreign western Company, who deals with a luxury High end Brand. I will be employed directly under the Indonesian company who has a mastercontract with this western company. I will have the full responsibility for a staff of aprox: 25 people, and more to come. Opening up more stores round Inodnesia. There will be high expectations from me. And at last - there will be very though projects sales involved, with big figures...

I've been contacted to help this company - so it's not a job I have applied for myself.

So my questions are:

What can I ask for in a job like this ?
What is normal conditions in a job like this ?
Anything I HAVE to get in my contract ?
Normal salery for foreigner in a job described above ?
Special benefits who are normal in a job like this ??

Ect. ect ......[/i]

This will be my first time working in Indonesia, so I hope you can guide me out here a little :-)

Love Indonesia - been there aprox: 2 month a year, for the past 15 years - but never worked there.

You all have a nice day ... And thanks in advance :-)

Number one - make sure the company sort out the work permit and visa. I'm sure they will in a position of that nature but better to be sure.

Housing is a common perk as is health insurance.
I don't work in that sector so I can't be of much more help and I'm unsure of salary but 30+ million/month would be a guess. Possibly more.
That's just a guess so don't take it as gospel.

Mas Fred, Thansk for your post. I was wondering, what kind of Visa can you get if you have the workpermit all clearet out - is it still only a pouple of month, and then you have to leave country for 24 hrs ?

A work permit costs $1200 and is valid for 12 months. The visa is also 12 months. Your company should lookafter the lot.