Entry requirements

Have they changed?
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … quirements

If you wish to enter Cambodia you will need to:

get a visa before arrival — the visa exemption policy, visa on arrival and e-visa arrangements are suspended indefinitely
    get a medical certificate, no longer than 72 hours prior to the date of travel, from a competent health authority stating you do not have COVID-19
    have proof of insurance that includes a minimum of US$50,000 for medical cover...this is one I do not understand and neither do  insurers in Canada (Vancouver)

Hello.

Most of the requirements mentioned in the UK Gov website are correct but not all.

To sum it up once more:

You need to have a visa before you travel, all visas on arrival are suspended.
Go to your nearest Cambodian embassy/consulate and apply for an E-type (Ordinary) visa.
Note that this will only be granted if you a) have a job or invitation, both by letter from your employer or b) have a business in Cambodia. Some clemency is granted to people that have family residing in Cambodia. Realize you will have to prove everything to convince embassy workers to get you the visa.

You need to have a health insurance that covers at least $50K including the costs of Covid-19. The police has to cover the extend of your intended stay.

You need to provide a certificate that states that you are Covid-19 negative, in English and signed and stamped by a doctor. The test should not be taken longer than 72 hours before departure. Some airlines don't understand departure and insist on 72 hour prior to arrival, which can be a problem due to long travel and lay-overs. Certificate has to be original, email copies are not accepted.

On arrival at PP airport you have to make a deposit of $3000 at a bank booth, to cover for the costs involved. After that you are transported by bus to a designated hotel where your samples will be taken for the first test and where you have to stay until the results are known.

If you and the rest of your flight test negative all passengers can go to their home or hotel address which they have indicated on arrival. This is the so called self-quarantine, you are supposed to stay at that address and sometimes officials come to check.

On day 13 after your first test you have to go to a hospital or institute to have your second test taken (Example Khmer-Sovjet Friendship hospital). If your result is negative you can go to a certain bank office (stated on the receipt you got when depositing) to collect the remainder of your deposit. All costs involved are withdrawn from your deposit, the rest you receive back.

Back to the first hotel. If one of your travel group tests positive all passengers will be transported to a state-appointed quarantine location, mostly a hotel. You stay there for 13 days when a second test is taken.

At the moment the only commercial flights that come in are from Seoul and Taipei. Other flights are repatriation flights for Cambodians to come home. Note that they are not subject to testing prior to the flight so the chance that at least one of them tests positive in PP is very large, not recommended.

Airlines that fly are Korean Air, Eva Air and Asiana Air.

Realize that things can change overnight so keep up with the newest information.

Stay safe.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

The country is falling apart so travel there would be dangerous as stated by many countries.  I spent a lot of time there and will never go back with the way it is run now.

Well I spent some time in KOW a few years ago and have many contacts and friends in PP and Siem Reap. If the country is falling apart and is dangerous they certainly haven't noticed and have only mentioned that it's a lot quieter without all the tourists.  Where do you get your information?

Hi Joe: re entry visas. A contact of mine has just got a business visa from the Cambodian embassy in Washington DC, on the basis that he will retire in PP. I recently spoke to the consular section in London about retirement options   they said its possible and to come back to them when I am ready. My contact had to show proof of age over 65 and income to support himself. So maybe things are easing up a bit?

I'm pretty sure cambodia is still safe , as they told me when I arrived in 2015 “ it's a very dangerous place “ I was hoping to tell you in the 4 years I lived in cambodia that I had never experienced crime , but I did get completely “ robbed” I was drinking tea at a outdoor cafe in battenbong, a kid about ten ran by and took my half drank tea, that was the  biggest crime episode in 4 years  ( as a American I still have PTSD) , khmer people generally are not criminals, and I suspect it's still very safe ,  calling Cambodia not safe ,,,,,,,,,well your not going to have drive by shootings! America  including south and North America , is not safe period , they only wish their crime rate was as low as Cambodia, stupid to call Cambodia not safe , “ people in glass houses should not throw stones”

Regarding to this case is some correct but now the government approved to get in without payment deposit but you have to show your health testing certificate and one more test at checking in to airport to make all of arrivals passengers are ok to get in point

TIM0707 wrote:

The country is falling apart so travel there would be dangerous as stated by many countries.  I spent a lot of time there and will never go back with the way it is run now.

The country is NOT falling apart but doing great although not mentioned in the MSM.

Exports are up, agriculture is on the rise, Covid-19 is under control with no domestic cases in months and no deaths. The only cases right now are imported cases, mainly returning Cambodians.

So stop being negative about Cambodia. Concentrate on your  own country that is a total mess due to wrong, late or too early decisions. On top waiting for more than a week for test results makes the whole testing useless.

Cambodia is fine, but don't bother to come here, choose another destination if not staying in your own country.

Cheers.

Joe

Chhintouch wrote:

Regarding to this case is some correct but now the government approved to get in without payment deposit but you have to show your health testing certificate and one more test at checking in to airport to make all of arrivals passengers are ok to get in point

Please check at the thread I posted about it. Deposit still required but can be done by an employer.

Cheers.

Joe

hdgh29 wrote:

Hi Joe: re entry visas. A contact of mine has just got a business visa from the Cambodian embassy in Washington DC, on the basis that he will retire in PP. I recently spoke to the consular section in London about retirement options   they said its possible and to come back to them when I am ready. My contact had to show proof of age over 65 and income to support himself. So maybe things are easing up a bit?

Hi.

As usual there is always some truth in rumours.

The two embassies you mention are the "nicest" Cambodian embassies in the world, known for being understanding and empathic.

I don't know about Washington but London accepts postal applications so it is possible to get a visa there based on more than the business requirements that are the general norm.
I have heard of people getting a visa based on family circumstances.
But to be honest I have not heard of people getting a visa based on retirement, but nothing is impossible. Things change overnight sometimes so it's necessary to keep following the news.

One remark re strange requirements. You say your contact had to show proof of being over 65 but the age for retirement extension of stay is 55. Also your contact needed to show income which is highly unusual when you're over 55.

But if it's possible to get it, go for it.

Cheers.

Joe

Where did you hear that? I dont think the entry requirements have changed in the last few days,  still need $2000 deposit.  Nothing new reported in the media.