Are you planning to move abroad after the COVID-19 pandemic?

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well on your end.

We are looking for testimonies of people who are planning to move overseas after the end of the coronavirus pandemic.

If you would like to share your views and tips, feel free to get in touch with me by private message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Veedushi
Expat.com Editorial Team

Yes .

Hello,

I don't want to go abroad. It's just coming home that I would like to do ...

yes i have plan to apply SMM2H but i don't know how to find sponsor?

yes

Veedushi wrote:

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well on your end.

We are looking for testimonies of people who are planning to move overseas after the end of the coronavirus pandemic.

If you would like to share your views and tips, feel free to get in touch with me by private message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Veedushi
Expat.com Editorial Team

Do you know when will end? Of course, everyone wants to move around to see the world. Me yes I am always like to travel

Can't wait to go to France!

Yes!

What is the status of Corona there in Seychelles

Yes!

Still hoping to move in a year...borders and visas willing.

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : off topic - please post in the jobs section

Yes

If you have a story to tell then send Veedushi a direct message HERE.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Hi SimCityAt,

I rather believe that these new believe they are on Twitter and that we will not see any other comments from them.  There is exactly the same behavior on the French version of this question.

Yes ! to milan

interested

Hello everyone,

Please note that this is not an advert.

We are actually looking for testimonies of people who are planning their move abroad and who would like to share with us how they are dealing with the current situation.

I look forward to hearing from those interested.

Warm regards,
Veedushi

YES! planning to move to BRAZIL

Any one around Mogi Morim, nearby Campinas?

Thank you

Athulkrishna wrote:

I wanna move to germany
I got the admission and scholarship for education
But only thing that is stopping me is the blocked account.
Im from poor family in India. Need a sponsor badly.
Poor always get beaten when money issues come.cant even get loan because doesnt have any land. Hardworked and studied so hard to high marks. But getting failed to achove my dream when the oppurtuinity comes.

Try them https://worldscholarshipforum.com/categ … olarships/

Athulkrishna: The blocked account requirement is a reasonable precaution by the authorities, to make sure you can actually finance your stay in Germany. You will not be able to survive with less, you probably need more!
Thus, if you do not have this money, it is better you DO NOT come to Germany!

Veedushi, no I don't plan to relocate, except to visit my sons in Australia once international travel to/from both countries opens up.

I'm American and I'm applying for my passport this week and leaving the country next month. I'm moving somewhere where I can retire if I choose too. I have a little bit of passive income. Not enough to retire in America. However, I can go to other countries like the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean and live on the beach and never work again.

This pandemic destroyed my chances of buying a house this year in America which is why I'm leaving. Also, I lost almost all of my income for a while and have been struggling to make it each month. This is going to be different this month because I just started at a really big brand new dealership and I'm sure I'll sell a normal amount of cars and I'll aim to sell my normal 15+ cars. However, I'm still leaving next month. And since I've been with this company since before the pandemic management already know I was leaving in August before they transferred me to the new dealership, I will still have a job waiting on me if I decide to come back.

I've traveled more than the average person. I always love living abroad more than here in America. It's a shame so many people never see how beautiful the world is.

This is proving to be really hard for people to understand the opening post. Please read what Veedush has said. Send her a direct message. If you have already done so, bravo.

I see a few new people here, if you have questions, then post them on your desired country.

Hello,

I also plan to move. I want to Indonesia, after the pandemic chaos and restrictions. I hope until then I will find a German, Austrian or Swiss company they want to send me to IND. I've read that it could be a bit hard to find a job in an Indonesian company if you're over 35.

Kind regards,

Daniel

DaReinartz: What skills do you have that would make a foreign company send you to Indonesia? And did you live in a third world country before, so you know with what kind of downsides you will have to put up with?
I did live in Indonesia before (Pulau Batam, to be precise, as well as a number of other underdeveloped countries) and count it among the geatest experiences of my life, but I have also seen others who couldn't adapt - and adapt you must, A LOT! Start by learning the language (Lucky you: It's one of the easiest in the world!) and spend some time in the drearier parts of the country (After all, you will probably NOT live in the tourist dreamland areas!).

I am hopeful that I will be able to move to Peru. With COVID, everything is up in the air, as far as travel plans go... when will Peru re-open their borders to travelers? will I be able to move there in 2021?

I am still planning the move and working on my plans for life in Peru, with the help of friends, there.

One of my next steps will be to contact the Peruvian embassy, here, to see if they can offer any advice.

In the meantime, I continue to manage my life, here, and keep my fingers crossed. lol

Dear Passport Peru,

Welcome to the forums of expat.com ...

FYI, there is a Peru forum.

I love(d) Peru.  I spent most of late 2018 through 2019 in Lima.

But I personally wouldn't go back now even if travel rules allowed it .. and would not recommend anyone to consider living in Lima during the covid era.

A few weeks ago, Time Magazine online posted an article about covid in Peru, noting that the country was number two worldwide in new cases .. with 70 percent of the cases being in the busy, infrastructure-challenged capital where most of the employment is in the informal economy.  The informals generally do not have health care, are the less educated and cannot be counted on to do the distancing and hygiene that are helpful to control the virus.

----

I see that Passport's preferred location is a Pacific Ocean town in northern Peru's Lambayeque province, a district capital named Monsefu (mohn-say-FOO).  For covid-related reasons, that is probably a better choice than crowded Lima if he can find a way to get into Peru and has enough Spanish fluency to communicate with the locals.

cccmedia

I agree with you on all points. I am aware of the Peru forum, but was just answering the general COVID poll of whether or not I will still move to another country.

Cheers.

Hello everyone,

Please note that this thread has been created with the aim of reaching out to the Expat.com's community in order to gather testimonies. As mentioned by Veedushi in her original post, kindly contact her through the private messaging system on Expat.com to share your experiences.

For those wishing to interact with our members on the effects of COVID-19 in the countries they are planning to move, do keep in mind that you should rather post on the respective country forums.

I will be now closing this thread.

Thanks,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Closed

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR