Storage facilities in da Da Nang

Hi i am dimitris. i would like to know if there are any storage facilities in da Da Nang that i can rent. i need like 4 m3 for 3-4 months thanks.

toufas wrote:

Hi i am dimitris. i would like to know if there are any storage facilities in da Da Nang that i can rent. i need like 4 m3 for 3-4 months thanks.

It's possible there are new businesses for storage oh, but I didn't see any in late 2018 or early 2019.

Not knowing your individual circumstances, perhaps this recommendation wouldn't apply, but if you are here in Vietnam and you're doing any traveling or you are moving because of your employment every now and then, you can often find a hotel that will store your luggage for you for free if you have been staying there in the past and if they believe you will come back and stay in the future.

Not every hotel/motel but there's enough of them out there that it's worth checking out if that suits your needs, as long as you dont plan to store valuables

Thanks a lot.
I actually relocate from Hoi An to Da Nang but i need to go back to Greece for 3 months and when i am back i will move to my new place .

I suspect that the reason that storage rental business don't seem to exit in Vietnam may be that urban locals use their parents homes in the country to keep things they need to store if moving temporarily out of the country.

I too would like to find this. Some enterprising expat (or local, although the concept is certainly a little foreign to the locals I know) should get on this.  While not immediately a fit for the locals, it will catch on over time.  I saw in Ha Noi the first western style one open up kingkho.com/en/ 
Completely modeled on the USA type.  Right down to the promo material. So its on its way.

RCrash wrote:

I too would like to find this. Some enterprising expat (or local, although the concept is certainly a little foreign to the locals I know) should get on this.  While not immediately a fit for the locals, it will catch on over time.  I saw in Ha Noi the first western style one open up kingkho.com/en/ 
Completely modeled on the USA type.  Right down to the promo material. So its on its way.

I thought about this many years ago, but the cost was too much. Whoever set that one up has deep pockets.

I've wondered this myself, I use a lot of self storage for business in the UK. It's a lucrative but saturated market here. I'm suprised noones doing it Vietnam. I think enforcing what they can and can't be used for over there would be too problematic. Imagine if the unit next to you was storing perishable goods that attracts rats and pests.

I'm not suppose to store alcohol in some of the units I have in the UK but they turn a blind eye and I give the staff a bottle or two of moet every christmas.

"I'm not suppose to store alcohol in some of the units I have in the UK...".

What is their reason for that?

Here we have a few big companies.

Lok N Store, they have a no liquids or foods policy. The manger turns a blind eye and I can store alcohol as long as I'm not selling it (personal storage).

Access storage is more flexible with liquids but you have to let the manager know. My neighbour there stores a lot of wine with the managers permission and the correct license.

Ready Steady Store, are easy going but I'm not sure on their exact policy.

Safe store, strictly no liquids or alcohol.

I have units with all these companies, I still store alcohol in. them.

The main barrier is to do with licenses. In order to sell alcohol you need two licenses, a personal one which can be done online and a premise license which requires an application with the local council. This then requires input from the self storage place since that's the "premise". If you're to legally store it with them. I do not have a premise license and I do not actually sell the alcohol, but I sure get a lot of it. If you're a good customer, most will accommodate you to help you get a premise license.

phikachu wrote:

The main barrier is to do with licenses.

I thought Premier Boris promised you that all that bureaucracy would go away after Brexit.   :(

THIGV wrote:
phikachu wrote:

The main barrier is to do with licenses.

I thought Premier Boris promised you that all that bureaucracy would go away after Brexit.   :(

Don't know about that. Maybe as a way to reopen bars and pubs with more social distancing...when I talk about license to handle, store and sell alcohol, I'm not really refering to opening a bar but more online selling and off licenses.

I shift a lot of barware accessories and occasionally and indirectly can get a lot of free or at least very cheap alcohol. All legit so they didn't fall off a back of lorry and all duty paid, I just can't sell it so... we drink it and store it. Obviously, I don't have all these units just for alcohol. Barware is just a small percentage of what i do.

I must have been through about 1000 bottles+ of kronenberg cider and brewdog ipa. We (staff, family and friends) drink these. I also get 70cl Jack Daniels for about £4-6. I like drinking JD myself too. I can get bottles of moet for £5-10. They RRP for £35 so if the offer comes, I'm not going to say no even if I don't drink it or can't sell it.

I'm on the market to buy a commercial unit so with a more permanent location, I'd invest in a premise license then so i can begin selling what I can collect and haven't already drunk.

https://ibb.co/FXPcfVR 
Here is an option for storage.

@RCrash Hi,   You posted a link for storage space?  I can't get the image to post.  I'm looking for a small storage space in Da Nang. 

@mitsmaak

I've sent you a PM.

Good luck, and please let us know how it plays out for you.