The lessons of the crisis in Cambodia

Hello everyone,

While there is still a certain amount of uncertainty in our lives, the situation seems to be beginning to change in Cambodia and globally.
We have had to show courage, tenacity and even ingenuity in many areas, in the way we work, in being alone or with our families, in how we look after our children, or we channel our stress and emotions in the face of this health crisis that has turned our daily lives upside down.
We wanted to hear your feedback on these last few months in Cambodia.

What will you remember from this very special period?

Have these unusual times allowed you discover things about yourselves or your loved ones?

Did this period lead you to make changes in your lifestyle that you would like to maintain in the future? If so, which ones?

How do you plan for the future in Cambodia? Have the last few weeks caused you to review your priorities or certain projects?

Thank you for your contribution and take care of yourself,

Loïc

Due to the heavy construction activities in SHV, I'd gone into VN just South of Hanoi searching for a temporary apartment. March 10th I went to Kuala Lumpur to visit friends, a city I've been to 7-8 times, and spent the lockdown here.

As English was not so popular in Ha Tinh, I feel I was fortunate to be in MY amongst people I've known for years.

As I was working on building my 1st e-Commerce project over **** I found I had plenty of time to plan this project, draw flow charts about what happens when this or that button is clicked, etc. While if I was back in SHV the temptations would not allow me to devote so much time to what's important.

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : no external link please

I am married to a Cambodian woman and have adopted her daughter, but I cannot get a visa to return to the country.  I left to work in Kazakhstan, then the coronavirus  arrived, and I'm unable to get back into the country.  I have no idea how much longer this will go on.

Well I'm stuck in Vietnam, I'm USA citizen, that madman idiot who's doing “ such a good job with the virus “ has taken its toll on being a American abroad, I wish for the border to open so I can return to Cambodia for a visit to a dear friend who's dying, and to do a border run before Vietnam kicks me out , hard times for sure, but we shall never forget these times nor how we acted , this is a defining  moment in history, my parents never stopped talking about the depression, I have a feeling we will never stop talking about these times, hoping for a viral treatment, as opposed to a vaccination that could take years to vaccinate  the whole world , but unlike the USA president, I'm relying on science and health professionals not “ hunches” so far I've resisted injecting Lysol or bleach

Well there is certainly worldwide criticism of the leadership and actions of our governments and those in power (except New Zealand where St Jacinda saved the country single handed). But we elected them  or stood by and watched them elected.  And also we always expect our leaders to be wiser and more capable than ourselves, but the reality is that usually they are just people like us, no smarter than we are,in a tough position trying to fix things while struggling to hang on to what little power they have.
So let's save our complaints for later, do what we can to help, and remember on election day. Peace out.

I expect the most powerful country and with the best health system in the world to do better or as good as Southeast Asia has , with its limited resources, that's the least I can expect , cambodia congratulations on your rapid response and keeping your numbers down , as it starts with the leadership, as much as some Southeast Asians leaders are criticized , they have done a fantastic job, I'm thankful they are allowing me to stay in the country as a guest

Hi everyone,

Kindly note that a few posts have been removed from this thread.

Note that political debates are not allowed on Expat.com.

Let's stick to the purpose of this thread please.

Thank you very much,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

dear Mr
regarding this case no idea because of covid19 but some flights the government allowed to get in

just wait for awhile to come and if you get married with Cambodian,  you may your wife submit marriage certificate to request it would be held

try first and see

with my regards

tony

Priscilla wrote:

Hi everyone,

Kindly note that a few posts have been removed from this thread.

Note that political debates are not allowed on Expat.com.

Let's stick to the purpose of this thread please.

Thank you very much,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Thank you Priscilla. More and more threads are hijacked, it's horrible.
Luckily we have mods like you who can interfere.

Have a nice day.

Joe