Veterans Posts

Are there any Veterans Posts in/around Puerto Plata?

Hello Jim1942,

Maybe you can tell us what information you are looking for exactly and how can we help? :)

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Yup some specifics would help.

Any American Legion, VFW or AmVets Posts.....

I've not seen or heard of any anywhere here....

Not that I am aware of.

K, thanks for the responses.....

THere are a fair number of both US and Canadian veteran expats here and there has been quierries from US vets about coming here. That said, everyone is spread out so around the thing to do is to is somehow have a gathering somewhere sometime - once this current situation is over. However, from those that i have met, there seems to be very little interest in promoting such vice just gathering every so often with other expats - which are very enjoyable.....looking forward to such a gathering once this COVID 19 situation passes.....

2VPsoldier......ty for responding

hi everybody new here to the chat . I am a US vet that plans to move to the north area  Sosúa in a year . I get va disability around  $1900 usd . And 2 of us . Can we live comfortably there and what is the break down of cost

not sure if you made the connection yet but i know of a couple vet-affiliated businessmen and organizations there in PoP.

Mike owns THE ROOFTOP on Malecon, his partner is a vet

MILEVIA has a post affiliated with them, centrally located.

on main street that passes CLARO there is another vet org

i could list more but dont wanna waste your time.

let me know if that helps.

Any Vets in Jarabacoa?

I'm not in Jarabacoa, but in Moca - once I return from working to raise the $$ for our house being built - which isn't very far away. I am a Canadian Vet and have a Life Membership with the VFW. I also still am member of the Scottish American Military Society Post 48 in Phoenix AZ .