Short term visa extension possible due to corona?

Hi,

As you all know due to corona many flights are cancelled and borders are closed. I'm supposed to go back to UAE for my work before the end of this month as my short term visa in Romania will expire then. Is there any ways to extend my short term visa here if by then the borders in UAE are still closed??? Anyone in similar situation as me?

Thank you for your time.

Hi!

This is a late reply and I'm assuming you already got your answer elsewhere, but since I just replied to someone else asking the same question, a quick copy-paste: "The visas are automatically extended until the end of the crisis. After that, people have 90 days to leave Romania or change the type of visa/extend it.

More info here: https://www.pwc.ro/en/tax-legal/alerts/ … --20.html, also and in military-ordinance-no--3."

Hi Laura!

Thanks for this reply! I didn't know about the auto renewal of visa until you told me and show me those useful links  :D Now i'm feeling more at peace knowing that i won't get in trouble when my short term visa expires... thank you!

Thanks for replying, i was looking info on that too as i am stuck in Bucharest on a tourist visa.. But the link you gave says "page not found"
Do you know of a new link to see this info in ?

Hey Laura; the link is broken and I went through the military ordinance #3 but I couldn't find anything mentioned about this

Sorry about the link! I don't know what happened, it was working when I posted it.
Anyway, this one is working at the moment:
https://www.pwc.ro/en/tax-legal/alerts/ … 3--20.html

Copied-pasted from above link: "Military Ordinance no. 3/2020 also introduced an additional provision regarding documents issued by public authorities expiring during the state of emergency period, allowing them to be extended within 90 days as of the date when the state of emergency is lifted.

The above provision also applies for documents issued to foreign nationals by the Romanian public authorities, such as the competent territorial offices of the General Inspectorate of Immigration and the consular sections of Romanian Embassies abroad, if they are due to expire during the state of emergency period. All such documents can be extended within 90 days as of the date when the state of emergency is lifted, if the conditions provided by law for their extension are fulfilled."