SAMA (KYC) Account Suspend

Hello guys,
I have account in Al inma and i got message from them that you account has been suspended please activate from online website or through app but i did not found any thing for activation. Then i called customer service they told me Sama request to block your account under KYC code. You need to visit branch and show your id and after that your account will be activated.
I visit the branch and i told him my account has block i came for activation he did 15 to 30 min on his pc and then told me that we send the request for activation and your account will be activate in 30 min or next day.
But after 24 hour my account still suspended.
Anyone have experience like this kindly share with me.
I am accountant on my company and i transfer money into my account for withdraw and i have no other source for incoming transfer.
And i dont have any credit card or loan.
Thank you
Ahmed

Ok i found the solution of SAMA KYC, as KYC (Know your Customer) thats mean you need to update your address to bank. Just open your account through internet and just update your current national address and home country address. After 5 min you account will be activate. No worries lots of people will miss guide you dont be afraid if you did not do anything wrong.
Thank you