Adopting a pet in Bahrain

Hello,

Are you a dog or a cat person? A pet can add life to a home and make an ideal travel companion during your expatriation in Bahrain.

However, formalities or regulations might put you off traveling with your pet making adoption a better option.

Are there any particular rules or procedures for the adoption of an animal in Bahrain?

What are the costs associated with adopting a pet in Bahrain?

Are there different procedures depending on the animal?

Are pet-sitting options available?

Have you ever adopted a pet in Bahrain? Is he or she still with you today?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Loïc

Hi there. I adopted a pet in Bahrain when a beautiful Persian cat was suddenly at my door
and my house was on the second floor. I wonder how she ever came there when there's an elevator and a flight of stairs. I spayed her for 40 BD, I gave her vaccine around 10 BD, grooming around 10 BD.

I suggest that instead of buying a pet from breeders, better go to facebook groups where they give free animals for adoption as they rescue abandoned or abused animals and rehabilitate them. In this way you will give a rescued animal a second chance of life.

My cat is 5 years now with me. Her origin is still a mystery to me. I consider her a gift from God because she's already at my door.

Thank you hope you find the right pet and give you lots of love. God bless.

Regards,

Anne