Looking for a place to buy a land but where ??

hi everyone,

I'm considering moving abroad, I'm looking for a place where the weather is nice (not below 20°c all year round) and it's possible for a European to buy a piece of land.

If you live in a country where this is possible, don't hesitate to send me a short message.

Cordially

On the moon...

Spending money on a piece of land in a foreign place, where you don't know the mentality, social norms, legal standards, maybe not even the language - and where you cannot be sure you will manage to stay long-term - should be properly thought through.
More important than the right to buy land would be the ability to get a residence visa. Owning land does not give you the right to live there - and most places do not welcome foreigners (or at least the non-working kind, unless they are very rich)!
That said, the MM2H programme of Malaysia might fit your bill.

beppi wrote:

Spending money on a piece of land in a foreign place, where you don't know the mentality, social norms, legal standards, maybe not even the language - and where you cannot be sure you will manage to stay long-term - should be properly thought through.
More important than the right to buy land would be the ability to get a residence visa. Owning land does not give you the right to live there - and most places do not welcome foreigners (or at least the non-working kind, unless they are very rich)!
That said, the MM2H programme of Malaysia might fit your bill.

I agree, you have to know the law first. I think the best choice could be Africa.

Klaudia Auste eR wrote:

I think the best choice could be Africa.

Which of the 56 countries in Africa are good in this respect?

I much suppose island states.

Not the Philippines if you are not a Filipino citizen.

Nigeria so far has the highest ROI for the last 2 decades. There are new estates that you can buy from when they just start out and within 12 months get a 60% ROI.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Detailed information should be posted on the forum

Hello everyone and welcome Gordon  :cheers:

You registered Costa Rica as country of interest in your profile, is that your first choice ?

Regards,
Bhavna

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest to my question.
I realize that my question can quickly become controversial without much thought.
The goal of my question is just to allow me to make a first choice, it goes without saying that I'm not going to leave everything to throw myself from a bridge ;-)

I know what I want, I just need the experience of some of you to answer my question that I have to solve :-)

I thank you for your answers and I will give it my full attention.

cordially

Hi Gordon,

How do you want us to respond in an interesting way with your incredibly vague question ...

:/

Just answer the question if you have the experience. We are on an expatriate site. If you have moved to a country where the climate is pleasant and where it is possible for a foreigner to buy land, you can answer my question. Sorry not to develop, but already with a simple question it's not easy, if I develop all my project, I know it will go wrong :-)

I'm not against discussing but then, I have to create another subject. Step by step

WOWWWW,

What a great answer...

I have more than 50 years of experience in expatriation. And my family started in 1948. So easy buddy with your style of unrespectful comment...

Never forget that before telling someone that he has a straw in his eye, you better look at the beam you have in yours ...

Hello everyone,

Indeed there is a misunderstanding on this thread. It happens...let it go guys  ;) 

@ Gordon,  as far as Mauritius is concerned, you can only buy property under special schemes for expats. Have a look here : Buying a property in Mauritius

All the best,
Bhavna

Apologize phipiemar, i did want to be unrespectful I  just tried to explain why I was vague in my question ;-)

Sorry for my awkwardness

Bhavna Thanks for your answer.

phipiemar wrote:

On the moon...

I have never been there, but I am reasonably certain that it dips below 20 degrees from time to time.

If you like discovering a mystery, choose Vietnam; We welcome you

Eh, I've an idea, maybe Albania? It's still cheap country. The best destinations could be Ionian coast cities.

You can buy a condo in Philippines. Or you can rent.

Or you can marry a Filipino citizen and then build a home with the land in the name of the spouse.

Philippine Destiny wrote:

Or you can marry a Filipino citizen and then build a home with the land in the name of the spouse.

Never a good idea!
If the relationship fails (and intercultural marriages fail more often, especially if the main motive is financial, as you suggest), the spouse will own the property and you have nothing.

beppi wrote:
Philippine Destiny wrote:

Never a good idea!
If the relationship fails (and intercultural marriages fail more often, especially if the main motive is financial, as you suggest), the spouse will own the property and you have nothing.

Tell that to my wife of almost 20 years.

And the thousands of others who have done the same, have made their marriages work and you can seen them with their gray hair hand in hand in most any place in the Philippines today.

And tell it to our daughter too. OK? Tell her that it was a bad idea for us to move here and spend the last decade with her extended family.

The marriages fail for those who make unwise decisions about who they marry.  Don't marry someone you meet in the bar.

Do what I did and marry a person who was working for a missionary organization. Then your marriage might work out. Not that that is the only place to find the perfect spouse. There are other methods. But it does not happen by chance. You have to make a conscious effort to find a spouse for life.

And the marriages don't only fail due to picking the wrong person. Sometimes the foreigner is the wrong person. Be the right person first, then find the right person to marry.

I only warned that the possibility of a break-up exists.
Even in a good marriage it is better to sort financial things properly - and that necessarily includes shared property on both names!

Everything is up to the individuals and the situation. I have no problem with my wife taking the house and land. But that is me....and thousands of other expats for whom it has worked out well. We are not all the same. People need to look at what everyone says and make a decision that fits them.

The Dominican Republic (DR) has an expatriate program that an expat can own properties. It is a lot easier to get residency status.

I went there two years ago and came close to buying a gated property last year about 5 km from Punta Cana tourist beaches for about USD 60k. My DR buddy from the office bought one.  An expat can also take out a loan from local banks but the interest rates are not at all enticing.

Who want to live in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia area ?
Just asking

krystal liew wrote:

Who want to live in Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia area ?
Just asking

Noone. Just saying.

can foregin nationals buy property in malaysia...

haider87shaikh wrote:

can foregin nationals buy property in malaysia...

Google the MM2H ("Malaysia My 2nd Home") programme!

beppi thank you... will check it up....

i just sent you about land for business here in Cairo, Egypt

Have you heard of Koh Phangan
It is the most incredible place
More advertised for the party going lifestyle one side of the island
On the other side is yoga and self improvement courses health and healing and a lot of dance
I know land there for 25 000 euro. It's a huge bit of beach on the east side with several bungalows on it

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : for security reasons, we do not accept personal information on the forum. Share them through the private message system

Zephyrdavi: As far as I know, no foreigner can legally own land in Thailand. So how is this supposed to work?

I will suggest you think of Tanzania!

Hi I suggest you buy land in north of Iran, ***

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : The free promotion of services is not allowed. Please register in the business directory.

I want.. ;)

phipiemar wrote:

Never forget that before telling someone that he has a straw in his eye, you better look at the beam you have in yours ...

Matthew 7:5

that's perfect Right  :top:

Ghana or Nigeria might be best for you. If it's Nigeria, I can help you to buy your land & get you permit to live & do business in Nigeria.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR