New members of the Sweden forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sweden forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sweden if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi I'm Shivcharan from New Delhi India as a Indian cousin chef 17 year experience with authentic Indian curry if you have requirements for Indian curry chef plz mail me thanks have a wonderful day today

Hi Shivcharan,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for this introduction. If you have any business here, you should register it in the Sweden business directory as free advertising is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you,
Christine

Hello.
Just to be clear, I was born in the U.S. and I lived there until the 1970's but I am a Swedish national. I have travelled extensively "On a Shoestring" as they used to say. I am married and retired and I'm looking for light, social contact in the area but I am not looking for a relationship or a job.

Hi, lovely to virtually meet you all. We are in the process of relocating to Sweden from South Africa and will be arriving latest by July 2020.

I do value the information shared on this forum and is likely to come up with some questions/enquiries of my own in the near future.

Hall dig bra

Hello ; my Name is Nazim , well I visited many eurpoean big capitals , but during my last visit to Stockholm ; I was really pleased; as I have always worked within the biggest international oil companies in Algeria , multiculture environment made me feel  , i ve always been an expat , and prepared me to be ready to relocate anywhere in the world .

Hello

would like to wish you a good luck , what i. can tell is that people is lovely down there

any body out there...

Vik, not a new member been around for 2 years, but new to this site

Hi christine.  Am wamala brian Jeremiah  from uganda currently looking for job opportunities in sweden from house help to transport and logistics. Am 29years. Studied international business from makerere university business school. Any help please get to me on ***. Am willing to relocate.

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for safety reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi there,  am Peter, been Ghanaian living Italy for years but now I have located in Sweden almost three months now, am not working at moment but I have joined my short stay in Stockholm (upplands vasby), I enjoyed people of Sweden they are friendly, I really appreciate their love and care, am looking forward to get job as soon as possible.thanks the forum and opportunities to us. But don't forget to help me to get job ooooo.

Hi everyone,
I've been extremely fascinated by Sweden for a while and finally visited for the first time last summer. I have family there and would like to learn whether moving to Sweden is worth a shot or not.

Hello, Welcome to the forum! "Fascinated but want to know whether it is worth or not" with your wording one can understand that you don't go by heart but by facts so why not start new threads to ask about the facts of Sweden you want to know?

Hi everyone,

My name is Jean. I'm from France and I will move in Göteborg around august. I'm a professional musician but I'm open to work in any areas.

Anyway, I'm glad to come in Sweden

Hello Jean,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Since you're on the lookout for work, do create and submit your CV in our dedicated Jobs in Sweden section.

Another useful resource from which you can get invaluable and basic information to move successfully to Sweden is our Living in Sweden guide. You should specially go through the articles in the Work section for learning about how to find job opportunities which can turn into viable work for you.

For more specific queries, feel free to ask our members for insight by creating new threads on the Sweden forum:idontagree:

Wishing you much success in your plans  :cheers:

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi everyone,

i am Harald and preparing myself for my move to Sweden. 

Thank you founder Julien for giving us the opportunity through your great website to help each other in our move to another country!

Thanks for the links and the details, Diksha. That helps a lot.

Can't wait to move in Sweden

many thanks for the mail.  My name is Emmanuel Obaji. I am a graduate from mechanical/production engineering,  Nnamdi Azikiwe University Nigeria,  I worked with power project Ltd Nigeria as a project/sales  Engineer for 2year and later worked with Fipac Energy Ltd Nigeria as Marketing manager for 8years and now I am doing my masters in industrial management and innovation at ppsala University. So am presently in uppsala city. I will like to have a part time job.

Thanks for the welcome. I did write a post, but maybe it got lost in the wrong category. Just figuring out the platform still.

I am basically interested as to whether or not I would be able to find employment in Sweden during the time it takes to learn the native language. I am a Canadian with a German passport. So I believe I may move there without much hassle. But can I find work without speaking Swedish while I learn? I have been working in general carpentry for the last few yrs, but I have experience and competencies in many other areas. More importantly, I am humble and would take almost any kind of employment to begin with, as long as I could pay for my life there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I think Sweden is one of the best countries in the world in regards to their social and economic policies. I am disheartwned with my own country. They have sold out unfortunately.

Hej Justin75!

Having read your post consisting of some questions, recommended to be answered by more experienced and long standing members of this community.

However, wishing for you to consider looking at your reason(s) for wanting to move to Sweden:

1.  Sweden is truly a unique, finely cultured and highly developed country. It is however not Utopia, neither a perfect country, since no country in the world can validly and reliably claim such description.

2.  Do reflect for yourself whether you want to 'get away' from Canada or Germany....
     OR
     Whether you seriously want to be living in Sweden...
     There is in fact a huge difference between these two approaches.

3.  Whatever the meaning behind your statement for 'wanting to get away because your country has been sold out', only you can clarify. It's a subjective statement. What might be be perceived as very special to one person, might be perceived as really bad to a next person, subject to the feeder context.

4.  Fully functional countries all over the world don't need 'run-away's' from other countries because the governments of such countries acted immoral, corrupt, unethical, unaccountable and without integrity. Despite 'freedom of movement' across the world, one must take up one's authority as a citizen of your country to let 'charity begins at home'. It's not the responsibility of Sweden to act as a safety net for the so-called dysfunctional decisions of other countries.

5. If one cannot add value to your own country, the chances are slim for adding value to another country if moving away is the rationale behind a relocation decision.

The above is my personal opinion only, weighing as much as your opinion and the opinions of every member of this community. We may agree to disagree, as long as we are willing to respect other's opinions to the same degree we wish our opinions to be respected.

Have a look at a documentary called "Plandemic". You can find it on a free, uncensored, and unedited media platform called LONDON REAL (freedomplatform tv). That may help you to understand my position and feelings. I have traveled to 15 countries and have always been a respectful traveler and a productive member of my own society. I just dont trust my government anymore...bottom line. I do not think Sweden will be completely insulated from the totalitarian and fascist regimes that are making a play for global control of the human narrative and perception, however I do think the population is more aware and the country will be less likely to falter, or at least to submit their populace to things such as "mandatory vaccinations". It is a long and complicated story, but I would be happy to share more resources with you if you have any interest in knowing about what is really going on in this "Pandemic",

Hej Justin75!

Many thanks for creating a non-threat-sensitive and open debate on matters of which suppressing actions seemingly hold the potential to impact largely on parts of humanity.

Exploring the sources offered by you, remains an open invitation in line with personal acceptance of your invitation. From my side, considering gathering your suggested information, then sifting through data whilst deciding what's worth turning into knowledge. Then analyzing the 'bits & bytes' in order to discern facts from fiction before voicing any opinionated perspective. Only time will tell whether any truthful findings might be representative results for further debate or deeper-dive sourcing.

I have done my homework. But more importantly, truth has a frequency, and evidence is evidence. Common sense and some knowledge of history also helps. I believe in egalitarianism, as well as freedom of speech, thought, expression, religion, etc. I am just a messenger. I gave up my egoic ways long ago. I live simply, humbly, and within my means. I dont need anything from anyone...including approval. Maybe I am wrong. Could be! Only trying to stop the totalitarian tiptoe that "I" believe to be happening...or at least get out of the way.

I would be interested to know what you think about the documentary if you decide to watch it. 😊

I just found out that people in Sweden are having microchipping parties. Guess Sweden is out! My God!
Good luck.

I am a native Swede, and I've recently moved back here after 12 years as an expat in Thailand, USA, Colombia and Hong Kong. If you want to know something specific about Sweden, feel free to ask me.

I've seen that some people want to know about the job situation here. If you are highly skilled in your profession, and speak Swedish or English really well, there is a good chance that you can get a job here. However, there is a huge portion of unemployed low skilled immigrants already living in Sweden, so don't expect to find offers for low skilled jobs.

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please only post in English on the anglophone forum. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916091

Thanks!

Closed