New members of the South Korea forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the South Korea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in South Korea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi All,
I am thinking to stay to Korea for a month or 2 . I have been living in Dubai for 17 years and decided to check another place to explore. If there is something way to earn money thru online jobs, or work from home. Please tell me more of the place and how friendly to expat.

As soon as the Coronovirus status clears up I will be coming to South Korea to be part of the Engineering and Management of a new Manufacturing/construction project approx. 2 hours south of Incheon. 

I have done similar projects etc in China, and Vietnam and am looking forward to experiencing South Korea.   I will be there for an extended period.

Looking forward to meeting working and enjoying new people.

Hi everyone,
It's so good to find people with same interests as you.
I want to move to South Korea because it's my dream. For the past 2 years I have been really into the Korean Culture starting from Kpop. I am very interested on learning more about the relations between Korea and Greece (where I was born) I wanna know if in the old times (I am talking B.C.) there where European who traveled to Eastern Asia. Also I would like to work in Korea as an English Teacher or even a Greek teacher if people are interested in my culture. I am still young but this is my dream life and I am trying my best to achieve it.

Thank you.

Hello faithful from Ghana
I would love to work in Seoul south Korea

Hello, I am from Florida and currently teaching in Seoul :) Hope to find good friend and recommendations here.

Hello yourseoulmate,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Can you please tell us more about the type of recommendations you are looking for?

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Great, How is it teaching in Seoul?
I am hoping to land school counselor job in the next year or so? Currently living in NC, USA.

Could you speak a little on your experience there😁

GStar

Hello,
This is Lea.
I am actually Korean with American citizenship. I recently moved back to Korea after 20 years of living in the U.S.A.  So I am experiencing a bit of counter culture shock. such as, driving, high-technology and so on.. Anyway, if anyone need help on learning Korean or general Korean culture, I can help you. Maybe we can do language exchange or something. ( I am interested in English, Spanish or Thai ) So feel free to contact me at***

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, contact details should not be posted on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, I'm Zati Amalina from Malaysia. I am looking for connections interested in taking part in my project: Korean Children Speech Recognition. It is artificial intelligence to evaluate Korean Children Accent.
If you know anyone interested in this project, please note me. Besides, I would be pleased to make friends with others too.

Thank you!

how do I land a teaching job in South Korea?

We are also looking for ways to land there

Hi All,

Hope you're doing great.

This is Usman Khan from Pakistan. I am Embedded Software Engineer.
I arrived here in Seoul just last week. In quarantine until 24th of December.

I was wondering if anyone could guide me on how to (besides AirBnb) find a reasonably good accommodation near Seongdong-gu preferably (since my office is located there).

Thanks in anticipation! :)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916086

Thanks!

Closed