New members of the Egypt forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Egypt forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Egypt if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello all,

I am new to this forum! Me and my husband (Egyptian) and our 2 kids are thinking to move to Hurghada this year or next. Interested in education options / work opportunities for expats (myself) / meeting other expats in the area (with kids a bonus!)

Hope to get chatting to people soon,

Natasha

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : please post an ad in the classifieds - language section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi guys!! New to the forum!! Glad to be here!! I've been to Egypt once and looking forward to going again. Working on my Arabic! Any resources would be great!

hi there , welcome to the forum . feel free to ask for help here.

Hello,

I am Noha here. I've been living abroad for a long period of time. I would like to go back to Egypt in the near future. Any insights would be appreciated.

Hi guys,
I am British living in Cairo.

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please

My name is Karim Gamal from Cairo, Egypt. I love many identities and different fields. I am happy that I joined you and became a member with you and I want to share all my experiences with you.

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your company on the forum is not authorized, please register yourself in the Business Directory in Egypt. Thank you

Hello to everyone. I just joined the site.

I have been considering relocating to Egypt for several years. I've visited the country five or six times and have grown to think of it as a second home already. The people I have met in my travels have been very nice. My first trip was for 3 weeks, and I went by myself. The people I met really went out of their way to help me acclimate.

Most of my contacts in Egypt have been in the archeological/academic community. I've known a few people who have stayed in the country for an extended period of months in retirement, but am looking for a true picture of daily life as an expat.

I am wondering about the possibility of earning money whether through a job or through less formal means such as tutoring in English or offering services to other expats. My primary thought would be to retire to Egypt, but I would consider going before retirement if I could support myself.

I am Egyptian I am very happy to be member of expact to exchange with others our experiences and know more about our cultures . I traveled much to many different countries due to  the nature of my job as sea captain and really it is very interesting to meet good people from different countries.

Hi to all, I am a German national living since beginning of 2020 in Cairo (currently Zamalek). I am currently stranded here because of SARS-CoV-2 and the closed airport. I would love to meet others with a similar destiny...

Hi Frank,
I am moving to Cairo in September. I am living with my husband in the States, but I am also German. Can you give me advise where to live in Cairo. I have heard that Maadi and the 5th settlement are also nice areas. My husband has to drive to El Sokhna every day. I guess it would be best then to live in the southeast o New Cairo. How much is a 1 bedroom/ 1 bath in a nice area/compound? How is the Corona virus situation in Cairo right now? Thank you for your help.

I am from Egypt,  living in new Cairo . Rehab city . I traveled to many countries and was lucky to meet with different people during my work as a captain . If someone wants any advice or information about Egypt I can help. Also will be happy to exchange information about our cultures and habits.

Hi
If you need advice about that I think Rehab city is good compound as per the opinions of foriegners living in Egypt and also very close to Alsokna and prices of flats is not so high.  Around 600 to 700 $ you can find well furnished flat. If you need I can send you photos for one good flat as an example.

Hi,

My name is Jaakko and I just moved to Cairo and live in Zamalek.
We are a family of three and my spouse works at the Embassy.

My son is looking for a football club (10 years old) and I am looking for a place to play some basketball here in Zamalek or nearby.
Would you be able to help us on these areas?

I would be interested to work at some stage and I have previously as MD for L'Oreal, Fiskars, Orkla Foods etc. and also in consulting. I have member also in many board of directors.

Fun to be here

Br

Jaakko

Hello,
I'm May from Egypt.
I have an experience 8 years as admin assistant, remote coordinator and virtual assistant.
If any corporation or business field needs to hire, i'm ready as soon as possible.
Thank you.

Hii,
I am Vibha .
Having a technical mind posses the valuable tactics to handle SEO in Digital Marketing, And Vibha Gupta carries the potential to make the associated business a wide-visible with her incredible & skilled expertise & works as an Internet Marketer at RipenApps – the best mobile app development company.

Thanx

hi There,

just got back to Egypt after 35 years in Holland.
if freedom matters to you like it is to me, you should know that Egypt in the last years has become more conservative than ever.

or you would have to isolate yourself from the society and chose your friends very carefully.

I think the Muslim brotherhood have occupied the minds of most Egyptian. nobody might tell you this but this is the ugly truth

at least this is my own opinion

I have heard of a vacancy in an project office for an international project in Zamalek. They are looking for an Office Manager. One important condition: very good spoken and written English. Interested?
Frank

Hi Frank,
We are not yet in Egypt and, sadly, won't be able to come till the end of next year at the earliest.  But thanks for letting me know about this.  We are hoping to be based in El Gouna.

Best wishes
Jane

Hi,

i am from UK and going to Alexandria by january,
anyone who can help find good schools and neighbourhood. basically, any info will help as it is the first time in egypt for me and my family
Thanks

hello, you're most welcomed to Alexandria, where you can find a lot of options for schools and job opportunities for an expat, depends on for how long you tend to stay?

Hello! I'm Paula. I'm currently living in Spain, but I'm looking for an opportunity to live in Egypt for about 2 months to practice the Arabic I have been learning in the last year. But I don't really know how to look for an accommodation, or what's available in Cairo! Any insights would be appreciated!

accommodation is not a problem at all😃 , too many places to choose between , don't worry

Hi My name is Dyzan

I am my wife are in egypt now and looking to get residency as well as settle in dahab or a location in sinai any information would  be welcome

Regards
Dyzan

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915959

Thanks!

Closed