Wanting to emigrate to Mexico

My husband and my self fell in love with mexico when we visited Cancun several years ago. Since then we returned to mexico but visiting Puerto vallarta and fell in love with country even more and for the first time returned to the same place more than once. We have fallen in love with it so much we want to live in bucerias but are wonder how realistic this would be. Neither of us work in a trade I feel is transferable to mexico (mental health worker and driving instructor) but thought of buying a property and running an Airbnb. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

New life wanted wrote:

My husband and my self fell in love with mexico when we visited Cancun several years ago. Since then we returned to mexico but visiting Puerto vallarta and fell in love with country even more and for the first time returned to the same place more than once. We have fallen in love with it so much we want to live in bucerias but are wonder how realistic this would be. Neither of us work in a trade I feel is transferable to mexico (mental health worker and driving instructor) but thought of buying a property and running an Airbnb. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

bienvenida New and husband,

I would suggest that you plan a serious trip for a month or more. Move beyond the vacation love affair and really look. work on really learning Spanish and being able to communicate, and lastly have a clear understanding of how the government works and what has been going on in that area, you are interested in. Go to an air B&B and see if they will talk with you about how the business is. Avoid the tourist stops, they are selling so you won't get a real picture of the country.

buena suerte

Hi thanks for the reply. We plan on learning spanish starting in the next couple of weeks ( beyond the very basic spanish we already know). Our next trip this year will be to an airbnb. We have started doing some research but are anticipating it could be at least 2 year before we get everything into place.