Work pass cancelled before last day of employment

My last day of notice will be 29th Dec 2019.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … cel-a-pass

From my understanding and the details stated on MOM website, my work pass must be cancelled within 1 week after the last day of notice which will be before 5th Jan 2020.

However, HR said she will cancel my work pass on 20th Dec 2019 as I will be on leave from 23rd to 27th Dec 2019. During the leave period, I am still employed under the company means my work pass should not be cancelled right?

Was anyone cancelled the pass before last day of employment?

They will probably contact MoM on 20. Dec. and ask for your work pass to be cancelled on 29. Dec.

Here, MoM can't do anything about it. Your last day falls on Sunday, which means technically the earlier working day should be the last working day (I.e. 27 Dec). Now, you were saying that you will be on leave from 23 to 27 Dec. Which means you are no longer with the company since 20 Dec.

HR is right to cancel on 20 Dec as it's quite common that work pass cancel on last working day of a foreign worker who works in Singapore (no employer waits next one week before cancelling the pass).

So, technically you will be working with the company till 20 Dec only. Good luck

Note: If you would have taken leave from 20 to 26 Dec then your last working day will be 27 Dec.