Marriage process in Cambodia

Hi I am from Philippines and my boyfriend is from Pakistan. We're planning to get married in Cambodia. Is there is someone knows the process, requirements and how many days should we stay in cambodia.

Thanks in advance.

Marrycar wrote:

Hi I am from Philippines and my boyfriend is from Pakistan. We're planning to get married in Cambodia. Is there is someone knows the process, requirements and how many days should we stay in cambodia.

Thanks in advance.

While you may find some help here,  you might try posting this on the Cambodia forum. You may find a little more expertise there.

Regards

Is this a movie plot? Are you kidding? Have you ever tried to get anything done in Cambodia before????? NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Hi can you share what happened? why is it nightmare???

I have spent a lot of time there! Nothing the same anywhere! But lets say you want to get Marriage licence then you will have to go and get requirements from the area where you will be married! Good luck unless in major city! You will grease many palms before you will get what you want! Time frame will not be followed! Where exactly will you be married? In a church? I will try explain for that in better detail!

Ok, I'll bite.  Why are you getting married in Cambodia?

Necessary legal documents:

Please note that all documents must be submitted in Cambodian (Khmer) or English. Contact the Embassy in your home country or your Embassy in Cambodia for an authorized translator.  If your documents are translated, be prepared to submit the original copies in your native language for verification as well as the translated version.

Certified copy of birth certificates
Valid Passports and certified copies (obtained from your Embassy in Cambodia or the Cambodian Embassy in your resident country)
Visas and photocopies
Certificate of No Impediment/Affidavit of Single Status
Affidavit of Marriage (sworn at the Civil Registry Office in Cambodia before the Consol or Vice-Consol)
Criminal Records
Certificate on Profession (showing monthly income)
Divorce or death certificates, if applicable
Medical Certificate from Calmette Hospital in Phnom Penh
Marriage Application Form (a similar form exists for two foreigners applying for marriage in Cambodia): A written request for marriage applications must be sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You will need to know the area or province that you plan to marry. The application lists supporting documents that must be attached to the application. Some of these documents may need to be legalized at the couple's Embassy in Cambodia or prior to leaving at the Cambodian Embassy in your resident country. Upon approval of the bride and groom's application, the application must then be submitted to the Civil Registrar.

This is from Cambodian embassy today

That list is a nightmare! I would need to know what city you would like to get married so I can tell the problems you may face! Things tend to be lost while being processed until the green is shown! Be prepared! Don't try this!! Try start on a beautiful and wonderful path for your life together! If not married in Phil's at least try Thailand!

Registry
Both parties must stay within the district of their Embassy or Consulate in Cambodia for 21 days prior to filing a Notice of Intention to Marry. It is recommended that you make an appointment in advance with the Consul or Vice-Consul, to be assured that you can deliver, in person, your oath of intention to marry upon the completion of your 21 day residency (this does not include the day you arrived).

Note: Take all paperwork and photocopies of each to your Embassy and Civil Registry Office in Cambodia.

At least 10 days prior to the wedding and 21 full days since your arrival in Cambodia, you will need to file your Notice of Intention to Marry with the Civil Registry Office. You will need to know where you will marry and who you plan to use as your marriage officer. Here, you will also complete and sign an Affidavit of Marriage.

Finally the notice of Intention to Marry will be posted, at the Consulate, for 3 weeks. Pending objections, your Embassy can provide you with a Letter of No Impediment to Marriage. Bride and groom will show passports and/or divorce or death certificates.

DON'T miss this extra 21 days in Cambodia

We just planning to have civil wedding and not a church wedding.

Thank you so much!

Oops! Forgot about 3 weeks of public posting for No Impediments to this marriage!
Do you need more Nightmares?????

I would be interested to know how you make out! I'm pretty sure Mugtech would also! I'm thinking the cost alone would be a problem! Cheaper to just marry here in Phil's!

Hello Marrycar,

Your topic is now on the Cambodia forum.

Good luck,
Christine

Hi,

Do you know the process in Thailand? If yes how?
Thanks.

I'm not sure if my memory but I seem to remember that you cannot get married in Cambodia if you are over 55 years old ? (Joe?) which is another brilliant rule in Cambodia.. this country is run properly believe me!

https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-law … -thailand/

Joe

👍🏻 checking  about Cambodia Joe, Thailand I don't like it there anymore, proper country Cambodia and Vietnam

That's a fact John.

But you can marry elsewhere and have it registered in Cambodia.

My link to Thailand was meant for the Piano lady who wants to marry in Thailand.

Cheers.

Joe