Starting a Yoga/Bootcamp Business in Bali

Hi!

After visiting bali a few times and falling in love with it, I would love to move there and set up a fitness business.

I understand there are a lot of rules around foreigners owning businesses in Bali and that it can come at extremely high costs for PT (which just to clarify I cannot afford)

My idea is to rent a large 5+ bedroom house, to run yoga and bootcamp weeks, inclusive of food, massages etc.

Is there any legal way to do this without 1, paying the PT amount. 2, doing it under the name of an Indonesian?

If payments and bookings were made via a UK company, and the house simply being used as a rental to house to accommodate the bootcamps/fitness weeks. Would that be an option?

Thank you in advance for replies!! :)

No, it's illegal so you run the risk of serious problems.

These problems can include:
Fines
Prison time
Deportation

or any combination of the above

Thank you for your advice

I hope it saves you a lot of grief

How do foreigners get around this? Are the only 2 options to simply have an indonesian business partner or a PT?

amg1991 wrote:

How do foreigners get around this? Are the only 2 options to simply have an indonesian business partner or a PT?

Makes no difference.
A foreigner running a company in Indonesia, even with Indonesian partners, has to register as such, and that doesn't come cheap as you already know.
The reason for this is to protect locals from foreigners coming over and taking jobs, but it also saves you from a massive mistake that will very probably see you go bust in a short time.
Take a wander around Bali and see how many places there are, then decide how many customers you can attract.
Yes, there are lots of clueless tourists around with no idea of local pricing so really easy to rip off, but there are a million businesses already well established and quite deft in their ability to part fools and their money.

Apart from anything else, what visa would you use?