Reading habits in Malta

Hello everyone,

Books can be your greatest companions whether you have already settled in Malta or are now planning your move. Are you an avid or occasional reader? We would like to know more about your reading habits.

What type of reading do you enjoy? Do you read novels, comics, magazines, newspapers, etc.?

Where do you purchase or borrow books in Malta (bookstores, online, library subscription, etc.)? Do you prefer digital reading?

Do you have an average budget devoted to reading in Malta? Do you buy books or pay a library membership fee?  Do you spend more or less than in your country of origin?

In what languages can you find the books that you usually read?

What books or magazines would generally be found on your bedside table?

Thanks for participating,

Bhavna

There are libraries in most of the villages in Gozo which seem to be popular although I have not borrowed from them.
I tend to purchase books from car boot sales or there's a shop in Victoria where all books cost €2.99
and are good value, I also swap with friends.
I like to read any type of book but my first choice would be murder/mystery, I prefer to turn the pages over then read using my IPad..

If you live in Qawra or nearby, there is a BRA (British Residents Association) library (behind the Car Museum) which is open Tues-Friday 10.00-12.00 - books cost 30c to borrow - you can also meet people there & have a coffee/tea.  Also you will find many bars have a bookshelf at which customers leave their books and people will 'book swap'.