Expat friendly Medical centers and hospitals in Phnom Penh?

Hello!

I am new to the forum and to Phnom Penh! My name is Aly, I'm from the Philippines!

I would like to know, in case of emergency, where I can go for medical treatment here in Phnom Penh that is Expat friendly. Better safe than sorry!

I would love to hear some stories about where you guys go for medical treatment here in Phnom Penh.

Thank you very much!

Aly

Royal Phnom Penh hospital,  a subsidiary of Dusit Bangkok Medical Services.

State of the art hospital,  all staff speak English.

Cheers

Joe

Cambodia expert. 
Expat. com team

Thank you Joe!

I'll make sure to check it out!

Hi Aly

Sorry late reply but let me tell you about my experience with a medical problem when I was in Phnom Penh. After a visit to a not very good massage service I developed a hernia. This was definitely the most painful time of my life as started off as a small tear and gradually got bigger. I decided I needed to get it fixed.

I had heard horror stories of bad surgery, failed meshes, but I was prepared for anything rather than suffer the pain that I was going through.

I visited the Russian hospital and was told that it could be done there and it would be around US$1000 but I would have to wait 3 to 4 weeks. The doctor who was consulting said he had a small clinic, which was not far away, and said I could have it done there within 24-hours at the same price.

This turned out be the most satisfying decision I ever made.

My friend had a hernia operation where mesh was inserted and after five years he was still having problems with the mesh. Even so I opted to have it done.

The service and care was incredible, the surgeon was a South Korean who spoke perfect English and explained everything to me prior to the operation. Certain heart tests etc. had to be done externally as they did not have the equipment, but I was transported to and from at no extra cost prior to the operation.

The surgical facility was phenomenal, state-of-the-art equipment etc. even though the room was the same size as a typical Cambodian lounge.

The operation lasted for an hour and I was fully awake because they used a local anaesthetic. From the moment of injection the horrible pain ended. I was kept occupied by a very sweet nurse who was very chatty. After an overnight stay I was discharged the following day feeling on top of the world.

It is now four years since operation and I haven't had not a single moment of discomfort or concern. The whole experience was fantastic and I came to learn that this clinic did a lot of extremely complex operational procedures and I have heard nothing but excellent reports.

If you are still in Phnom Penh then I seriously suggest you look this place up if you have any medical concerns whatsoever and I can guarantee you will be in very good hands. It is called Kong Kim Each Clinic and can be found near the Sovanna Shopping Mall in Chamkarmon district's Tumnup Teuk commune.

Hope this is useful.

Mike

I always use Dr Mordich at Mercy Clinic in Olympic area.  They also have a Mercy hospital.  My husband and I have used this dr for 6 years and he is well known.  He speak perfect English and is very friendly, part of his training was in America.  He has great resources and has been a doctor for 20 years.  HIGHLY RECOMMEND.  Look up on goggle.