Residency Permit Legal Advice Expatlaw

Hello, I am looking to try to get my long term, but non-EU partner, residency here so she can come live with me. I have recently been in contact with the firm Expatlaw , does anyone have any previous experience with this firm and if so what do you think of them and their services?

Cheers,
Dylan

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything with regards to are they good, bad or indifferent.

I have done a quick look on the Internet, they have a website which contains a few good references and a check using the usual scamming criteria draws up nothing.

My only real comment is that they don't do anything you can't do yourself at this stage; if you have a DigiD, then you can log on to the IND website and do it yourself; there are no short-cuts that you gain by using the services of an Immigration Service.  Unless your partner qualifies for a highly skilled migrant visa in her own right, then she is still going to have to learn Dutch to get her MVV (MVV is a joint residence and work permit) and obtain all the documents that Expatlaw are going to ask her to provide.  However, if you have the money to spend and don't want the hassle, then I can understand the appeal.

If you do decide to do it yourself and have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team