Partner Visa

Hi everyone,

please if you can give me some ideas. I had a job offer from a company in Netherlands and they would apply for a Highly Skilled Migrant Visa. I told them that I want to come to the NL with my husband also, but they told me to apply for my visa first. Now I received the positive decision from the IND and went to the embassy to apply for MVV sticker. I asked my employer if they can apply now for my husband, but they told me that is important to bring me first. I think they don't know what they are doing or they just don't want to do it. How to say my employer it is important for me to  apply for him also. I am afraid If we wait till I move to Netherlands, the process will last so much and I will be alone during this period. Has someone had the same experience. How much will it take if I apply by myself for him as soon as I move to Netherlands.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is nothing stopping you from applying for your partner's residency permit before you leave; they can take up to 90 days to come through (link).

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Lisa,

I am also a highly skilled worker going to the Netherlands.

My company applied for both my wife and me simultaneously without any problem.

This is also my second time moving to the Netherlands.

The first time my wife was going to do a master's there.

At that time, she got a student visa.

I went with her using a Schengen visa, which allowed me to stay with her for 90 days, to help her settle.

At the same time, I applied for a resident permit sponsored by her. It took a little less than 90 days to go through, so I went back to my country for a month.

I think your company is doing something wrong, but I think you can also do something like what I did the first time.