Labour law for final settlement

Hi,

I am Ravi an Iniadn national working in Oman last two years. I have resigned from my company last month.  In my final settlement, after calculating all benefits, I have to give back OMR 500 to my company. I won't get any money from company instead I have to pay back the amount. The reason is that I could not submit bills of some materials which I have purchased for my project site. Now in my final settlement, company mentioned in their letter head that I have to pay back the amount to company. If I signed the letter, can company lodge a complaint against me to get the money from me? Dose that signed letter become a leagal document? I didn't have such huge amount to pay. Please suggest me the legal side of my case

Regards
Ravi

Hi Ravi,

Upon resignation, an employee gets entitled to receive the end of service benefits i.e. gratuity, encashment of remaining annual leaves, if any, along with air ticket unless employer terminates the job for some gross misconducts according to the Labour Law of Oman.

Since you worked for 2 years, you aslo entitled to receive EOS, if you think your employer is using your previous purchasesas an excuse to make you leave your EOS, you should strongly protest this and make a claim for the EOS. You have nothing to lose now as you already resigned.

Hope it helps.

Hi,  As I received termination letter from my company, I requested our company to release me as per new offer letter submitted so, company transfer me to the same but whether company will give final settlement or not. I have worked 5 years in the company.please advise