Where to move. One loves the ocean. One loves cooler temps.

OK. I have a unique dilemma. We are a couple in our sixties who plan to move to Mexico at the end of 2019. The problem we are having is that my husband wants to move somewhere with a temperate climate - preferably with low humidity while I, on the other hand love being warm and prefer to be at sea level. So my question is: Is there such a compromise?
We are both artists (he is a photographer and I am a writer) so an active community of artists is high on our list of must-haves. To this end, we visited SMA where I struggled with the altitude and being so far from the coast. I would also prefer somewhere quieter, less congested and more suitable for exercising our dog.
Has anyone got a suggestion for a happy medium?
Thanks!

Ensenada?

There are many artists here, also exposing in our art Gallery, we have a library, a theater.  Between the Ocean, the Estuary and the Mountains. No humidity. American community. Tranquil.  Not sure if I can post a map but let s try .

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cabo+ … 116.662891

bereid710 wrote:

OK. I have a unique dilemma. We are a couple in our sixties who plan to move to Mexico at the end of 2019. The problem we are having is that my husband wants to move somewhere with a temperate climate - preferably with low humidity while I, on the other hand love being warm and prefer to be at sea level. So my question is: Is there such a compromise?
We are both artists (he is a photographer and I am a writer) so an active community of artists is high on our list of must-haves. To this end, we visited SMA where I struggled with the altitude and being so far from the coast. I would also prefer somewhere quieter, less congested and more suitable for exercising our dog.
Has anyone got a suggestion for a happy medium?
Thanks!

Sounds like Cabo or somewhere near there. Like Playa and Rosarito north of Cabo proper both are probably the only areas with beach and cool temps.
Generally speaking, the beach equals higher humidity and higher heat. Mazatlán might also work depending on what you mean by hot. Actually, Mazatlan would probably be better given that the Rosarito Cabo areas tend to be quite cool.

Baja California. Ensenada is a good choice,La Mission is another and also Rosarito. You don't feel the humidity and it does not get excessively hot either. Also has a lot of scenic beauty.

Thank you, everyone. Your recommendations have given us food for thought and we will start investigating the areas. So appreciate this resource and all your advice.

Lake Chapala is 1200 feet lower in elevation than SMA and is a photographers dream due to the lake. There are many tranquil areas just 10 minutes outside of Ajijic or 5 minutes outside of Chapala. The ocean is only 3 hours by car (soon to be 2 1/2 when the bypass is finished) and many who live here have vacation homes on the beach or just visit for the weekend. It's worth checking out to see if it's for you.

Thank you. We'll be sure to check it out.