Sense of humour in Australia

Hello everyone,

Should we set out to explore Australian's culture through its sense of humour? Indeed, if one is planning to settle in the country, it is best to understand the cultural codes governing humour in order to avoid any faux-pas.

What is special about the sense of humour in Australia?

Is it acceptable to joke about any situations?

What is typically funny and what is absolutely not funny?

Are there any popular comedians in Australia and how would one be able to discover them (stand-up shows, festivals, internet, etc.)?

What is the funniest joke you have heard in Australia?

Please share your experience,

Bhavna

Regretfully you would be hard pressed to find a sense of humour left in Australia because of a small faceless ignorant group of mentally retarded small minded idiots that cannot see that humour in any form is a great leveller, the mere fact that some of the greatest humorists are Jewish, Irish laugh at it most inane jokes like the Irish are sending a manned expedition to the sun, but as one Irishman replied when I inquired that the sun was so hot it will burn up the spacecraft, no problem said the Irishman we are only going to travel at night ha,ha, as for the greatest Australian joke it is called the Labour Party, I could if the wish recite baa,baa black sheep, but I would have to be politically correct and sing, baa,baa multicoloured sheep, or, hickory dickery dot 3 vision impaired mice ran up the clock, Jack and Jill, oops sorry jack and jack or Jill and Jill went up the hill, young lady I suggest you read a book called 1984 by George Orwell change the date to 2020 and you will see what I am getting at, if you are a tourist get out of the big cities and go Bush, that and only that will tell you of days of yesterday, willyboy1937. Patriotic Australian to the end, travel well, travel safe.