MEU1 Interview

Morning,

I would just like to ask for some advice on MEU1 Interview for residency in Cyprus.
We have  our interview coming up at the end of July so would like to be prepared for this.

Any information on what they are going to ask or what to expect would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read and we look forward to hearing from .

They will have given you a list of requirements. You need to comply and take copies too. There's not much they ask, just to confirm income from your bank statements. As I had everything it was quick.

Get there early though as they give out numbers on the day.

ChrisAK1977 Thanks very much for the reply.
We have the meeting at 9am ! The day after my birthday so hopefully that is a good omen

It may have changed again, it frequently does, but appointment times when I had my appointment were irrelevant. They gave out numbers from 0730 and you were called by those. At 0745 we were no 13. It would have taken an hour had my other half had his medical insurance sorted.

This thread, or a similar one has conversations about a mukhtar and getting your rent / ownership agreement stamped.

Thanks for the reply !
We have our medical insurance already and we have a house to live in also.
We won't be living in Cyprus  all year round at 1st but hopefully will in the future.

Really looking forward to spending some quality time in Cyprus and getting out of the rat race of England.

I spend just over 6 months a year for now as I'm still working. Thankfully I can work anywhere so it's nice to escape the rain!

That sounds amazing , we're hoping to stay for at least 3 months at a time more hopefully just trying to get finances in place  and looking forward to spending time on a beautiful island.

There's a lot of initial admin, definitely buy a multifunction printer as it'll save your sanity trying to get copies of the same thing they've had 50 times over before.

If you have access to your medical record via EMIS (Patient Access) and this can be web or app then it's useful to download that to give to a doctor here too. That way there's no issues about getting repeat prescriptions if you need it.

If you are only to stay for upto 90 days or so then why worry about residency at all for now....

i can understand a worry re brexit but i think that it may only be slightly more difficult but not majorly so.

Hi Toon,
Thanks for the reply !
I understand where you are coming from but I think for peace of mind and circumstances that may change we feel that it's a good thing to do especially with the brexit issue.

I'm hoping that we can stay longer but need to convince the husband .

You do know that the Cyprus Government has already achieved agreement with the UK  no matter what the outcome of Brexit is 

But having said that I fully understand and respect your caution... - caution is not a bad thing

Good luck

Thank you Toon
It much appreciated.
We both love Cyprus very much and look forward to making lots of happy memories there.
Can you advice on any tricky questions that they might ask ?
We have in place health insurance, bank statements valid passports and marriage certificate.
Bills where will be living but the addressee is in my father in laws name. We also have a Cypriot bank account.
Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again for the reply it's good to know what other people have experienced when going through this process.

there arent any trick questions asked  really - they just want to be sure that you are not going to be a burden on the Republic of Cyprus.

it pretty simple really  == as long as you have all the documents to hand with copies.. its a pretty clean process. My wife and I (both early retirees)  were in and out in under 20 minutes...

That's great to hear and thanks very much for replying !,!
Have a great rest of the week it's raining here in England for change ..
Bye for now .

Spookily it's not raining here...

That made me laugh . Enjoy the sun !!

If you have all they ask on the paperwork its a breeze. Please respect the interviewer because if it's in Limassol the lady takes no nonsense. Your future is in that form to show respect at all times. If you are missing something she will give you another appointment 1 month later. So it's no big deal. Speaks good English.

If its in Paphos... the interviewers are very friendly and helpful.. Just be sure to have everything you need ......... better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Good luck at the interview

They have to be friendly and helpful as Paphos is full of Daily Express carrying  Brits, handkerchief on the head.  :sleep:sleep
Limassol is more sophisticated and businesslike so the interviewers are much more aware and efficient.  :dumbom::dumbom:

oh how nice you are.... and Little Moscow is full of Russians too to give it that authentic sophisticated and businesslike feel

Much prefer the business like atmosphere than Little Wigan!
Cheer up Toon, I have a business to run in Limassol which is not possible anywhere else.

Each to his own ...Chill out Sam.... lots of people from all over the world like paphos and don't like Limassol myself included... I occasionally visit but it isn't for us.

I don't read . The daily heil either.... and use tissues rather than hankies.... lol

We have one thing in common Toon, we all love Cyprus.

During these interviews I believe you need bank statements to prove working? What do you do as wages are cash ? Do you put your wages in the bank weekly ? And if don't work for a regular business do you pay your own social ? And just tell them how much you have earned each week/ month ? Thanks

Thanks for the info .. we have our interview in Larnaca .

not to prove working (although you could use it for that) but to prove you have income  sufficient to support you here - the statements dont have to be in a local bank but could be savings account statements in uk

Thanks Toon ,
We will give bank statements from our England bank account of savings that we have but also let them know of Pension plans that are in place.

Thanks again for the advice and enjoy the rest of your weekend !

yes for sure thats exactly what we did  =  as we got our residency via the self sufficient route 5 years ago

Brilliant .. Thank you !!
Really looking forward to getting this MEU1 and starting a new and happy life in Cyprus .

am sure you will love it here.. manage the expectations and get out of holiday mode asap taste the real Cyprus...

still sunny here and warm.to hot... pool time beckons lol

its also sunday and a toot-a-boot in the car is beckoning - i wonder which village we shall end up in today....

Toon ..Thank you !
Enjoy that beautiful sun ..
We have been coming to Cyprus now for over 20 years plus and see it as a home from home. Holidays are not long enough to see all of the island when you are catching up on Vitamin D .

Looking forward to having a slower pace of life and a few Keo's  to.
Speak soon ..

i visited here for the first time in 1996 - then again with my wife in 2003 - moved to malta in 2008 then moved here permanently  in 2014... love the country its people and most of the food but not all... but hey not a bad average.

anyway,,, good luck with the interview and have a safe trip over

Thanks Toon.
We love Cyprus ..counting down the days till we get there. Both excited and anxious about the meeting for MEU1.
Once we have the all clear we can start planning on giving up jobs and actually living our best lives.

sounds like a good plan to me . .