Underactive thyroid tests in PP

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice on how to manage an underactive thyroid in Phnom Penh. Can you easily get blood tests to test your levels etc?

I was diagnosed years ago and have managed it well over the last 10+ years but just been told by my UK doctor that my levels have changed so my thyroxine dose needs to go up. We're moving to PP in 3 weeks and I'll need a blood test in 3 months to make sure the increased dose is correct.

How would I go about this? Which doctor/hospital should I speak to? Is it reliable? Is it expensive?

The good thing is my UK doctor should be able to give me plenty of medication to take with me so it's mainly the blood tests (and getting reliable results) that I'm worried about.

If anyone has experience of this, please do get in touch!

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Lindsay

The best hospital is Royal Phnom Penh hospital,  actually a subsidiary of Bangkok Dusit medical services.

Cheers

Joe

Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

A well-known lab in Phnom Penh is the Pasteur Institute (Institut Pasteur du Cambodge).

Then there is Paramed Laboratory on St. 154 between 51 and Norodom. which a friend of mine has used.
Both should be on Google Maps.
You could get the thyroid blood tests by just going to the lab during opening hours.

To be on the safe side, I would consult with a doctor first.

See Joe's recommendation or Raffles Medical, a clinic in Phnom Penh that also has a good reputation.

Amazing - thanks so much guys!