What salary to expect for an IT professional with 13+ years of exp

Hi,
I am an Indian, currently working in the UK on work permit  with an IT company. My current salary is around £48,000. I have utilised my 4 years out of 5 years work permit Visa in the UK.
My wife's job has transferred to Budapest and she has got senior role and hike in pay compared to her UK salary. I am planning to find a job there and few interviews are lined up.
Could any please tell me what salary an expat would get for 13+ years of experience in an IT company? I have also done my MBA Finance from India's top notch college.
Appreciate your help here.
Many thanks

Basic into: https://www.payscale.com/research/HU/Co … ary/Salary

What you can "ask" depends.... On you and what the employer is willing to pay for "local work" (and local work is often less than what you will be paid in most countries west of Hungary).

I'm afraid her gain will be your loss.
Wages are known to be lower in Hungary then in the UK.
Then again rent etc. is lower in Hungary then in the UK.
One person in a relationship often has to give up something for the other.

I had huge dreams of being a top hairstylist.
All good.  I knew people in the industry, my first job in a salon was very high end but it had to go.
I had a 3 year old child and husband that expected his dinner on the table most nights when he got home from work.
After 3 months of pulling my hair out I just left that job and never really tried for such a high pressure salon job again.
The job was pulling me one way and my home life another. Had to make a choice of which was more important to me.
I never really looked back but once in awhile when I see my old boss on FB I think what could of been if I was willing to tear myself apart. He became the head of the barbers  sate board for the state of Calif. 5 years running. A job that was hand chosen by the gov. of Calif. Worked all around the world and taught hairdressing at many international styling schools, a great connection to of had.
Could call him "Head Hairdresser" of Cal.

Sometimes single people have it easy.They don't have to worry about anyone but themselves in their careers.
I learned that being a parent means sometimes you have to give up your own dreams.

2 good jobs in one house is not always possible.

Yeah, it depends... A monthly 4000GBP is realistic in BP for a very senior developer with very good technical and leadership skills. Or a very experienced project manager. You didn't specify what you do within "IT". Would telecommuting for your current employer from .hu not be an option? Even with a lower gross, you'd get a much higher net income with KATA taxation.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Sometimes single people have it easy.

As with any SO (spouse, dog, child, etc) one needs to consider the needs of that SO in their life.

But for an SO adult, that should go both ways.

Of course, the time when things happen also have a different culture attached. I think these days the line between being single or not in that regard can vary more and is not so distinct in progressive societies.

Often today those with an SO can find it easier for each to be more tolerant of their SO's career and time commitments.

And more men today can cook their own dinners (or at least know how to program the microwave to heat something up).  ;)

In fact, I was often a better cook than many women I dated. My wife is an exception -- she is a much better cook than I am*.

* Not why I married her... just an added bonus. Pity she is often too busy with her growing business to cook lately.  :D

It's hard with a small child to put in many long hours of work for 2 people.
life changes when you have a child, they must come first or they will pay later.
I didn't have a child to have it raised by a day care center which was what was happening when I started my career.
No one was happy in the house.
My cousin's husband was from India, they met in the US in college when she was 17.
He passed on a couple years ago, she is in her mid 70's now.
Their daughter met her husband in London at the school of economics, he is from India too.
OK, so they both moved to NYC after college and both got great jobs.
She got pregnant and now they moved to Texas where he got a better job and she stays home with the baby.
His current income is equal to what they both made in NYC after paying high rents in NY etc.
Sometimes moving to a less expensive area makes the difference between one income or two.
It's not easy to toss a baby into a career life unless you have a great solid support system behind you.
My niece is now a widow of 6 years. Her girl is 13 now.
She had a good job before they had their baby. Her husband was in IT, not sure what he did but he was making over $175,000 a year in FL. They sent him to FL from Ca.
He got ill and died...
My niece got herself together and went back to work, took some time to find a good fit for her as a single mother who needed money( Her husband's illness took out all their savings, over $300,000) She had support from her in-laws, father, cousins and brother.
They all helped child sit so she could work and get herself back on track.
She never went to college but makes a decent income of now over $100,000 as a facilities manager for a top IT co. in SF.
Started at $75,000 but got raises due to her hard work and skill, a real people person who now manages 3 offices. One in SF, one in Las Vegas and one in Chicago.
Can't expect things to fall into place overnight.
Not the same level of living they had when her husband was alive but still not too bad.
Moving to another country isn't easy so one should expect things to be different, maybe starting low and working up is all one can do.
I'm rather lucky my husband perfered to support everyone by just working a bit harder to cover the little money I would of made, I was needed at home more then we needed a extra paycheck. Not everyone has that choice though.
I've mention before that on a lark my husband answered an add around 15 years ago in HU just to find out how much they would pay for his skills.
In the US he owned 3 machine shops, not all at the same time, had a good steady job as a free lance machinist working for other Hungarians in Ca. He would bid on his own jobs and did piece work,  brought home in the mid 1980's a check of $1,250 a week for only 30 hours of work. Had loads of free time to spend with us at home. In HU they said the machine job was min. wage! Insane how low some wages are in HU.
Now a machinist is hard to find and I'm sure at least in the US they would be willing to pay for quality skills but too bad we are retired now. In another 10 or so years they will not be able to find anyone who can do work by hand.
Can't always get what you want or so the song goes...