Married an egyptian

hi,

i'm a filipina working here in kuwait for 15months. I married an egyptian man for  almost 1year . As we began our marriage we are very contented with each other. He is a muslim and i'm a christian way back then. He taught me many things in islam,he explain how to believe in Allah and words in Qur'an. Thats why before we officialy married i became a muslim. And now i'm a muslim. We both contented with our lives. No one knows about us. We kept privately our lives. I literally tell i change myself because so many things he dont allow me to do like the way i dressed up, no boys to talk too, in social media no boys like so many things. But i never mind because i respected him. But we have a very big problem now i made a mistake that i didn't mean to did it. It's just that he felt that i disrespect him as my husband. My guy friend took a picture of us i cannot refused because he dont know that i'm married and he posted it on social media and tag me on it. My husband saw it. He was very furious upon seeing our pictures. He never listen to my explanation. He told me he dont truste anymore. And it hurts me so much . I love him deeply but its just that i cannot refused culture way back. And now ,until now i'm waiting for his final decision, he didn't decide yet for our relationship. And its killing me how would be his final decision could be.

pls advice.thank you

I am a Muslim by birth it is very sad to know your situation. Whatever u are going through is a very common phenomen in Muslim societies, you did hurry to make a decesions to marry a man opposite to your customs and relegion however the past is gone you to look forward how to normalize your relationship. Though it is a issue one can discuss in detail. Just make him understand that since it is a secret marriage how can I make my friends understand the new status and he has to accept it till slowly you isolate yourself from the outer world. I hope he will understand the situation if he really loves you as marital relationship sustain on trust
I hope soon you both will be normal.
Wish u Goodluck

Hello,

I am a filipina and married to an egyptian man. culture and religion are very important to egyptian as what I've observed with my husband. I converted to Islam before we got married- my husband teaches me slowly the do's and dont's in Islam. We argue about a lot of things like, I should not wear t-shirts or pants or I need to cover my head when I go out. At first I was mad- because I am not used to the “controlling” part. In their culture- wife should be submissive to husband. You need to sacrifice a lot of things if you wanted your marriage to work out. One thing I learned: obey your husband (its for your own sake😁). Once your broke their trust- it's very difficult for them to forgive.
Pray. Give him time to think. Whatever his decision- accept it. If you are really meant for each other- you will be together no matter what. God bless

Hello,

Thank you for your words.. i dont know if we are going to be okay or he plan to divorce i really dont know whats his plan.. but whatever his plan i will respect and understand me. Until now he's very cold with me. Its just really hard that i cannot open up to anyone else .. i cannot bursted out my feelings.. only me knows everything.. i cannot be able to decide because i'm scared that i will regret someday.. thats why i let him decide.. whats good for us

Your husband is overreacting. take it from me, as an egyptian, we do tend to be quite short on anger.

but you should not be blaming yourself for this. nor should you put up with this situation. if all that happened was a picture taken with a friend, then simply explain it once, twice, three times and after apologizing, if he still isn't content, then seek intermediation with friends in common, someone to talk to him and calm him down.

you are not his girlfriend, you two have a life together, he should also keep thinking about that. its not just a simple issue of "its over because i cannot trust you" over a picture posted to social media.

Sorry if my words maybe silly ... but , i am realistic and i don't like to deceive you

Both of you are already mistaken to hide the issue of marriage ….

From an Islamic point , declaration is an essential part of marriage … so , I wonder that your husband keep it a secret .. your moslim husband must already know that …… declaring marriage will let others who work with you to know that you are in a serious relation, and they would behave according .

Privacy in marital life doesn't mean to keep the marriage as a secret ……… rather it means that the sensitive household issues not to be declared freely to friends and others .

From other side , you are also responsible  for the photo taken by guy friend …….. you can simply refuse to take picture with him ……… it is your own right to refuse photos ; even if you are single …… no one can obligate you for a photo against your well , whether on social media or not.
I guess that the best choice now is to discuss with him to declare your marriage …………. Then to tell this work colleague that you are married and this photo caused a family problem for you , and to ask him to delete it.
And from now on , you have to know that no one is allowed to take pictures for you against your well .

wishing you the best .