Moving to Malta in 2 yrs time

Hi I will coming to live in Malta in 2 urs time. I am aware it seems along way off and alot of things will change in this time. My husband is a citizen of Malta currently in the uk with myself. Which is the best way of finding a private landlord rather than agency? We have been looking at Frank salts site as alot of people did recommend it. How long does it take to sign up for a tenancy and then move in? We are coming over to Malta in Aug 2019 so would like to check on a few things in advance preparations. Also which private health insurer is recommended please for expats. Tha ks for taking the time to read.

Emily Marchant wrote:

Hi I will coming to live in Malta in 2 urs time. I am aware it seems along way off and alot of things will change in this time. My husband is a citizen of Malta currently in the uk with myself. Which is the best way of finding a private landlord rather than agency? We have been looking at Frank salts site as alot of people did recommend it. How long does it take to sign up for a tenancy and then move in? We are coming over to Malta in Aug 2019 so would like to check on a few things in advance preparations. Also which private health insurer is recommended please for expats. Tha ks for taking the time to read.

As mentioned on here many times before the details ona lot of the agents websites are out of day,
you can sign the tenancy contract and be living in the property , depending whether it's already
let out, in a few days, there's no point in looking seriously at property until you are just about to move here, agents will normally not be interested if you look too early.

Emily Marchant wrote:

As your husband is Maltese you should take advantage of the fact that this country is a parallel society. If you ask for property on the english speaking market in most cases you will be charged more than on the maltese speaking market. Therefore I recommend you put an ad in one or two maltese newspapers in maltese language asking for accommodation. Do not stress very much on the fact that you lived abroad before, because in that case they expect you can pay more than the average maltese tenant. The best idea is to say you are coming back to Malta because working and living conditions are better over here in Malta.