New Villa & Condo developments

Does anyone know anything about two new communities. - "Encuentro Residences" which are villas and "Tropical Casa Laguna" which are condos?? They are both in Cabarete, I already know the prices and the approx area, but wondered if anyone can tell me if those locations are in
- "Safe" areas?
-  Close to beach?
-  Walking distance to a beach?
-  Walking distance to shops or.
    Grocery store?
-   Does developer have a good.
    Reputation or has there been any.
    negative talk about either.
    Communitee? 
Any feedback appreciated!:-)

I can answer a few of those questions.  Encuentro Residences is opposite side of the highway from the beach, and I'm guessing a 15 minute walk to the water.  It is a rougher surf than most, and therefore attracts the surfers.  Some kite-boarding there, bust not much.  It is in between Cabarete and Sosua, but closer to Cabarete, so a vehicle would be recommended, or a dedicated moto/taxi driver.  There are no stores in the area, but Chez Arsenio is a good restaurant very close by.  As for safety, it is out in the middle by itself, and I have no idea what that does for safety, I haven't been in that particular development. There are several large developments going in on the beach side of the highway, 11 condo buildings with 4 units each, and another on the opposite end of Encuentro too.  I'm guessing that means higher property prices soon, as well as the possibility of some stores??

I haven't heard of Tropical Casa Laguna, but it comes up on Google Maps as smack-dab in the heart of Cabarete, so all sorts of amenities close by, as well as the noise associated with being on the main drag.

A good realtor should be able to help you more, and there are several that are regularly recommended here.

Uncle Buck, thank you for your reply. That's awesome! It's kind of what I thought... I've been Googling the area for nearby stores and it looks like it's not too far from a lot of places and it's in between Sousa and Cabarete which is great! We live in SW Florida now and we are 15 min from beach and we are always there so traveling 7-15 min to get to grocery store, shops or beach is alright! I think area is growing so more is to come!!:-))

Encuentro Residences also has plans for shuttle and restaurant and we will have car to go where we need.
We will also be checking out Sousa Ocean Village and Casa Linda as well!

Our realtor gave me her opinion, but I also wanted to reach out and see what other Expats thought of the area,  it looks like it might be up-and-coming,  who knows with all the other building going on in Cabarete and Sosua I think it might be a good spot! Thank you.

IF you don't mind, could you give me an idea of what the prices are. You can pm me if needed.Thanks

Hi 2VPsoldier

I too am retiring from CAF soon. My wife and I are planning to build in Casa Linda.

I would like some more info on your non profit organization for veterans. As a veteran I would like to know more and help out if I can.

I would have PM'd you but I cannot find the button to click that would allow me to do that.

More training required I guess.

Yes I was in 2VP as well, 94-2007 I kind of copied your name a little bit, sorry, but it is a good name to use

Hey Kat11,

Do you mind sharing what your realtor thought? Doing similar research and have spent time in Casa Linda and Ocean village - First heard for Encuentro Residences though.

Sure...we just got back Friday so today was 1st day back to work😱 I didn't want to go Lol!

We met two great realtors!! Joanne Hammond from Remax and Isel Arias from Caribe Connection. We viewed properties 3 days while we were there.

Sousa Ocean Village, Casa Linda and Encuentro Residences were all very nice villas...problem is they all offer something we like...I wish I could put them all together!!

We also viewed several condos in both Cabarete and Sousa. Both realtors showed us around town and pointed out where things were...plus answered a LOT of questions 😄 we really enjoyed our time there! And feel so much more informed.

It was our first trip to North Coast, we owned a condo in PC a couple years ago. We really liked Cabarete and all the restaurants and beach bars, also liked Sousa it was a bustling little town. Both realtors had nothing bad to say about the 3 community's, in fact they both don't list properties with new construction/developers unless they have a good reputation in the area of following through on projects and handeling legal matters properly such as titled land etc. etc.

Awesome, and thank you very much! I know how those first day's back at work can go haha.

Just curious why you moved from PC and now looking to return to different area?

We have never lived in the Dominican Republic yet, we bought pre Construction in Punta Cana and once it was complete we went back over to check it out. It was beautiful 2 bedroom 2 bath condo with a rooftop Terrace across the street from the beach in El Cortecito. We weren't sure if we would like living in a condo and thought a villa may be more for us, so we decided to put it up for sale and if it sells it sells...well it sold in about 2 month's. Before purchasing anything else we decided we should check out the North Coast since we had never been there, before purchasing again.  We just got back on Friday 5/31. We had a nice time and really liked the area of Cabarete/Sousa and looked at a lot of nice villas. Realtors we worked with were great! Now we are taking it all in and thinking what our next move will be.