Vacation with my filipina girlfriend in April 2019 (Immigration query)

Hi There,

I am looking for some help in making sure my Filipina girlfriend has all the necessary documents ready for her trip to Bali to join me for our first vacation together, I am British and will be already in Bali when she arrives.

She is a studying nursing at university at the moment so doesn't have a job or a bank account,  I have paid for her flights om my debit card and I have paid for our villa accommodation etc.

She has just got her first passport a few weeks ago, my british friend  (her Father) married her mother 3 years ago and has paid for the passport and has the receipts if thats a help?

She will have money with her when she passes through immigration and she will have print outs of her return ticket, accommodation confirmation etc.

Do i have to write an invitation letter for her to join me or something? .. I just want to make sure she has absolutely everything before she arrives at the airport.

She will Be travelling from:

Outbound: Kalibo - Changi (Singapore) - Denpasar (Bali)

Return: Denpasar - Manila - Kalibo

Any help you can provide us would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jack

Hi Jack,

For a very first time a Filipina that will be leaving the country she will be asked by the immigration of her purpose of travelling.  Some will be asked, some will be not. As long as she tell that truth and be confident, she will be fine. This is quite normal.
Some questions will be ask like who are you travelling with?
What is your ocuupation?
How much money do you have? But there isnt any money show just state.
She can also tell that she has a debit atm for back up, just in case.
She also need some evidence that she will be meeting you. Like pictures of you together or with family that includes you. She has to show atleast 3. And also proof that she will be back to the PH, like she has a job or are going to school, some property, a family, a business, return ticket. Just proof that she will be back.

These are some questions asked to me when I first left the country. Hope this helps.

Do you have a relationship already, where you have traveled together or been together in Philippines? Can she prove it? Is she young? There is a big concern about women being trafficked.

I have heard of some women not allowed on the plane when they have tried to leave alone, especially if they cannot prove a real in-person relationship.  My 35yo gf of two years was with me and we were still both questioned separately for 20 min the first time she left the Philippines.

The safest  bet is for you to come get her. I realize that might be inconvenient but it's better than her getting bumped from the flight and losing the airfare.

Inthisfate wrote:

Hi Jack,

For a very first time a Filipina that will be leaving the country she will be asked by the immigration of her purpose of travelling.  Some will be asked, some will be not. As long as she tell that truth and be confident, she will be fine. This is quite normal.
What is your ocuupation?
She also need some evidence that she will be meeting you. Like pictures of you together or with family that includes you. She has to show atleast 3. And also proof that she will be back to the PH, like she has a job or are going to school, some property, a family, a business, return ticket. Just proof that she will be back.

These are some questions asked to me when I first left the country. Hope this helps.

"In this fate", has covered everything.

Tell her to also bring her college enrolment and receipt of payments for college, any thing and everything that will prove that she has a purpose to return to the Philippines.

Also any email correspondence you have with her, if she takes copies of that and at the interview shows them your FB history and correspondence.

In regards to the Philippine Government stopping people (young ladies) leaving, it is simply trying to protect it's people from bad people and being sold off into the sex/slave trade.

If you trust her, as it sounds as though you do, transfer to her $500 USD so in case of an emergency she can get a ticket, transport and if needed a hotel.  This $500 USD will also help her show immigration that she has money to live on for the holiday.

If another country allows then to arrive in that country is up to that country.  Make sure that she has your phone number and that as she is arriving and leaving any airport that you are there for her to call you.  Yep even when she transits via Singapore, make sure she has load/money to phone you, or her family.

People do get "off loaded" when trying to leave the Philippines.

That is also true, there was a time 30 people got offloaded on my first fly. Good thing i have my luck on my side.

Inthisfate wrote:

Hi Jack,

What is your ocuupation?

Thank you for your reply @inthisfate Her mother will be with her at the airport too to drop her off. We have Facebook messenger coversations going back almost 2 years and we have loads of pictures of us together in the Philippines from my visits in 2017 and 2018, hopefully that should be enough. She will have around P15,000 on her when she passes through immigration, hopefully that will be enough.

Kind Regards,

Jack

There is WiFi in Singapore's airport.

Prepare more show money just in case.

Looks like everything was covered pretty well above. Make sure that she declares the 15K when leaving. There's a 10K limit before having to declare when leaving.

10к USD  that is

moreto62 wrote:

10к USD  that is

That is a limit of US cash inbound and outbound. Philippine currency is different. It was 10k ph but, it looks like that was changed in 2016 to 50K ph.