Starting a language school in Cairo...

Hi!

I am looking to invest in a business in Egypt and have some questions on how feasible it is and if it is a good idea in general to go in to this industry in Egypt...

I am looking to start a language school in Cairo primarily teaching English and Arabic but if it goes well I would love to expand it to include more languages.

I am American, ethnically half american/half Egyptian but I do not hold Egyptian nationality and I have no interest in getting it as I plan to work in politics in the US in my future and it will be complicated to hold dual nationality. That being said, I am planning to start this business with a good friend of mine, a previous colleague who is Egyptian. I have read that it is much easier to start a business in Egypt with an Egyptian partner.

I previously lived in Egypt for about 8 months and worked as an English teacher with this colleague of mine at a language school, she has now reached a high rank and has been thinking to leave and start her own language school and I think it is a good plan. I am passionate about business and education and would love to do a business like this in Cairo and I'm sure there is a big need for language schools in Cairo as there are so many Egyptians that wish to improve their language skills for work.

I am not so good at Arabic but I am currently learning it daily with a private tutor and can speak it basically upper A1/A2, I hope to be at a much better level once I go to Cairo so that I will be able to be pretty involved in the business.

My questions are..

what is the odds of this business doing well in Cairo & is this a good sector to be in?

what are the estimated initial costs to start the business.. I am expecting it will be around 50k Egyptian Pounds including rent, tables,chairs, supplies,etc.

Any other information that is helpful on this topic is appreciated.

Hello
It's a very nice idea   . But it's an advice.  Come to Egypt  first.  Take a look.  Study what you are going to do . And after thinking   you can decide.
But my advice as an Egyptian teacher .
Nursery work in a good place will be better and when you start  . You will see
You can contact me a time. Because it is a long story to tell you here.

Salah Hosny
***  this is my phone number and WhatsApp too.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct